Reaction score
Please i have a client who has interest in mapping, surveying and fly through animation for a state EXPO, something like DUBAI EXPO 2020, he knows the maximum height for drone regulations is 400ft but he wants to know what the PHANTOM 4proV2.0 will capture at that height in terms of hectares of land or square metres etc

Attachments

• 400ft.jpeg
    400ft.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 328
Reactions: Capt KO
Please i have a client who has interest in mapping, surveying and fly through animation for a state EXPO, something like DUBAI EXPO 2020, he knows the maximum height for drone regulations is 400ft but he wants to know what the PHANTOM 4proV2.0 will capture at that height in terms of hectares of land or square metres etc
At 122 metres the Phantom 4 pro camera (shooting 3:2) would cover an area on the ground of 183 metres x 122 metres.
That's 22326 square metres or 2.23 hectares

But by using a mapping app, you can create an orthophoto for much larger areas while staying at or below 400 ft.
Here's an example of a highly detailed orthophoto of a 13 ha site, shot from less than 400 ft.
i-44jgWF8-X2.jpg

At 122 metres the Phantom 4 pro camera (shooting 3:2) would cover an area on the ground of 183 metres x 122 metres.
That's 22326 square metres or 2.23 hectares

But by using a mapping app, you can create an orthophoto for much larger areas while staying at or below 400 ft.
Here's an example of a highly detailed orthophoto of a 13 ha site, shot from less than 400 ft.
i-44jgWF8-X2.jpg
nice but have notice there is no perfect 3D mapping app or software out there, they all have this errors of floating structures etc in the generated images,so am new to this whole thing and worst part really short on cash but i would like to know the best free 3D mapping software or app out there and also the best paid for software, because am super interested in flying drones for mapping and cinematography

i would like to know the best free 3D mapping software or app out there and also the best paid for software
All the professional mapping apps are pretty good and as far as I know they are all free to use for flying and acquiring images.
You pay if you use their processing service to create the map.

wow
All the professional mapping apps are pretty good and as far as I know they are all free to use for flying and acquiring images.
You pay if you use their processing service to create the map.
wow that's great , don't say am asking too much but am a newbie on flying drones ,i want to know from your experience, where is the best place or website to learn how to fly a drone professionally and quickly because have watched tons of videos on YouTube,i have the idea and have flown a mavic pro clone known as the eachine 58 but i consider that a toy and i was privileged to fly a phantom 3 SE once,barely 5 minutes flight before i handed over the controls to the owner,but my boss is buying a phantom 4 pro v2.0 this coming week for the mapping project and his so on my neck to learn everything i need to know about flying a drone,mapping and surveying,the problems etc. am so choked up right now.

• Wow
are YouTube links permitted to be posted in this forum,i want to create a 3D Cartoon fly through animation like the one in the YouTube link i want to post,i need a professional who can tell me how to go about it and how long it would likely take to finish such a nice project. have got no one to teach me actually,have read on-line about softwares like Cinema4D,blender etc but i have no clue how to go about it from scratch.

wow

wow that's great , don't say am asking too much but am a newbie on flying drones ,i want to know from your experience, where is the best place or website to learn how to fly a drone professionally
The DroneDeploy website might be a good place to learn about drone mapping

Since you say you're new to drones, don't forget you'll need your part 107 certification before you do any work professionally for clients.

That only applies for the USA.
The OP is not in the USA
My bad. I don't see where OP is from from my end. I didn't take the reference to Dubai as a statement that where they were at. I should have said to make sure he or she has whatever registration, license or certification is required where they want to fly.

Reactions: BigAl07 and stancy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20