drone fall into the sea Dji phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I had an unfortunate fall of the drone into the sea. Luckily I found it after a day I washed it with water, took out all the garbage and put it in rice ... Do you know anything else I should do?

You probably need to open it up and spray it with isopropyl alcohol (99% pure) and scrub the circuit boards/ connectors with a soft tooth brush to remove any corrosion and sediment

Reactions: Dennis Phat
Bad thing IS.......the tiny small ball bearings in the four motors the sea water will never evaporate out...it will mix with the bearings lube and the future is not good for them.....The Best of Luck to you ! Keep us informed what you do.

[QUOTE = "MotorCycle-Man, θέση: 1495063, μέλος: 101699"]
Το κακό πράγμα είναι ....... τα μικροσκοπικά ρουλεμάν στους τέσσερις κινητήρες το θαλασσινό νερό δεν θα εξατμιστεί ποτέ ... θα αναμιχθεί με το ρουλεμάν και το μέλλον δεν είναι καλό για αυτούς ..... Σας ευχόμαστε καλή τύχη! Μείνετε ενημερωμένοι για το τι κάνετε.
[/ΠΑΡΑΘΕΤΩ, ΑΝΑΦΟΡΑ]
You probably need to open it up and spray it with isopropyl alcohol (99% pure) and scrub the circuit boards/ connectors with a soft tooth brush to remove any corrosion and sediment
Thank you for your time

[QUOTE = "MotorCycle-Man, θέση: 1495063, μέλος: 101699"]
Το κακό πράγμα είναι ....... τα μικροσκοπικά ρουλεμάν στους τέσσερις κινητήρες το θαλασσινό νερό δεν θα εξατμιστεί ποτέ ... θα αναμιχθεί με το ρουλεμάν και το μέλλον δεν είναι καλό για αυτούς ..... Σας ευχόμαστε καλή τύχη! Μείνετε ενημερωμένοι για το τι κάνετε.
[/ΠΑΡΑΘΕΤΩ, ΑΝΑΦΟΡΑ]
Is there a spray for the motors to clean?

Good afternoon. I had an unfortunate fall of the drone into the sea. Luckily I found it after a day I washed it with water, took out all the garbage and put it in rice ... Do you know anything else I should do?
Since it fell into the sea, I am assuming it was salt water. As such I would recommend getting a new drone. Salt water is extremely corrosive and it will eat away at the internal circuitry. If it has not already failed, it definitely will at some point and that could put property or lives at risk. Safe thing is to not fly it any longer.

Yip unfortunately salt water is like electric shock for a drone,no one wants this to happen so best of luck,batterys definitely die , some might dry out ok but big guess if it will work properly again,,hey worth I try but be prepared for the worse case on this one....sorry,,,and good luck

Most probably the drone is definite garbage. Even if you managed to took it out of the salt water within a minutes it would be the same. It will not fly again. The only right suggestions you've already got here is - buy a new one.
What you can get here is to reveal the cause why it felt, but maybe you already know that if it was your fault.

I had the same misfortune while trying to photograph geese in a flooded river bottom (not salt water). One blade glanced a tree branch and down it went.....and as you well know drones do no float! Opened it up and followed all the directions I could find in cleaning and drying it. It was dead as a doornail! Later I read that if the battery is inserted and the drone is on and it goes into water, the circuits are pretty much fried right away.

I had the same misfortune while trying to photograph geese in a flooded river bottom (not salt water). One blade glanced a tree branch and down it went.....and as you well know drones do no float! Opened it up and followed all the directions I could find in cleaning and drying it. It was dead as a doornail! Later I read that if the battery is inserted and the drone is on and it goes into water, the circuits are pretty much fried right away.
That wasn't my case. I dunked it 3 times with the same P3 drone and it still flies.

That wasn't my case. I dunked it 3 times with the same P3 drone and it still flies.
I'm not quite sure what is the point in your post.
All drones that fall into the water are on and have battery connected. Unless you throw it into the water right from the box.
The drying time should be pretty long, the battery must be taken out instantly when you retrieve it and until it is completely dry it must be off without trying to switch it on. That is the hardest point as we all want to know soon if it will work or not.
My Osmo Pocket felt into the river this summer. I brought it out and dry it several days. It works flawlessly. And I didn't take even the battery out as it is build in.
And of course some such incidences can result in dead drone. Such things happen.

Dry it out in the airing cupboard for days... in Seawater, for over 12 hours... you can be sure its a write-off, but when I crashed in freshwater, fully submerged, after drying out the battery was DEAd but the drone actually fly again!! it helps to seal the SD card slot with Sellotape, it saved my life... in this eventuality...

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Hi Dennis,

That's bad luck mate..Do you know what the cause was?? any errors come up prior to dip in sea??

Stay safe -Len

Andy9....The water mine went into was muddy river water. It was submerged for almost 24 hours until the water receded and I could get to it. It was also frozen when I got to it due to the time of year. I did everything that was recommended on the forums but nothing survived as far as electronics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic