Drone Crates Case - The Best Case I Have Ever Owned

Reaction score
I knew the minute I saw the Drone Crates case that it looked high quality, the two tone foam and 6 battery holders sold me on the spot.

It arrived today and I can say without hesitation that it is the best case I have ever owned to hold anything. I'm not sure if the two tone foam or the 6 battery holders are my favorite part, but I certainly can't forget to mention the absolutely perfect fit for the P3.

I thought my Kumba Kam case for my P2 was a pretty good case, but I am certain there is no better case for the P3 out there.

The Drone Crates guys actually know what you need; plenty of battery holders (6), somewhere secure to store your memory cards (4 perfectly sized slots) , a tablet holder, and the foam makes it perfect. The white foam is stiffer than the grey foam so it holds it in place while still being soft for the components at the bottom of the P3.

Although I show the P3 with the propellers off (still waiting for my NVIDIA Shield to come in) the P3 will fit in the case with the propellers on. I just wish these guys made backpacks. Or a case for pretty much any other gear I own; I'd be first in line.

Attachments

• _DSC0003_comp.jpg
    _DSC0003_comp.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 1,279
Reactions: Kris@DroneCrates
Nice to hear another positive review. I ordered mine, although it won't ship out til next week (here's hoping for Friday, so I can use it on the 4th).

I owned a Tradecraft for my P2V+, which I really liked. The DC case looks the same (seems many case companies re-badge a single supplier), but looking forward trying out the new foam.

I knew the minute I saw the Drone Crates case that it looked high quality, the two tone foam and 6 battery holders sold me on the spot.

It arrived today and I can say without hesitation that it is the best case I have ever owned to hold anything. I'm not sure if the two tone foam or the 6 battery holders are my favorite part, but I certainly can't forget to mention the absolutely perfect fit for the P3.

I thought my Kumba Kam case for my P2 was a pretty good case, but I am certain there is no better case for the P3 out there.

The Drone Crates guys actually know what you need; plenty of battery holders (6), somewhere secure to store your memory cards (4 perfectly sized slots) , a tablet holder, and the foam makes it perfect. The white foam is stiffer than the grey foam so it holds it in place while still being soft for the components at the bottom of the P3.

Although I show the P3 with the propellers off (still waiting for my NVIDIA Shield to come in) the P3 will fit in the case with the propellers on. I just wish these guys made backpacks. Or a case for pretty much any other gear I own; I'd be first in line.
Nice to see you get what you payed for.. How much ist?

Reactions: td119
I wish they had the drone centered. [emoji17]
Why? Just for looks? To center it the remote would not be right next to the tablet holder which is the most logical place for it.

I beg to differ, it has hard metal edges which could damage anything it bumps into, there is nowhere for the tablet to go, no storage for the memory cards, and its oversized for the blade protectors, anyone not needing them (me) would then have big blocks of useless foam around the drone. Not to mention its downright ugly IMO.

Also metal rusts and discolors over time. My P2 case still looks like the day I got it except for a few minor scuffs.

Does the P3 fit in with a crash guard on it still. I like this case for one main reason which happens to be the one thing I don't like about it. I don't like the fact it's a bit bigger than other props on cases to be honest, but because of that the iPad can be stored far left and further away from the compass than any other case I have seen, which is a really good thing. The case I have ordered from Amazon is not in stock until the 30th but does look nice fitting everything in camera guard, props on, iPad ect ect, and is smaller. I have a few days to make up my mind if to cancel and the drone crates one. Emmmmm decisions.

91Vhps2tEML._SL1500_.jpg

@leekiya
I've ordered their backpack, and it's delivered yesterday via DHL.
I'm tired of china-dreadful bag, they last very few days !
I'm thinking to get this case also, so I will have one backpack and one case ... P3P and P3A ...
Let me know, when you receive it, if you are satisfied ...

@leekiya
I've ordered their backpack, and it's delivered yesterday via DHL.
I'm tired of china-dreadful bag, they last very few days !
I'm thinking to get this case also, so I will have one backpack and one case ... P3P and P3A ...
Let me know, when you receive it, if you are satisfied ...

Cool will do, they should be shipping it tomorrow so probably be a couple of weeks getting to me in the UK.

Would an IPad air 2 fit?

It will hold up to a 10" tablet.

Does the P3 fit in with a crash guard on it still. I like this case for one main reason which happens to be the one thing I don't like about it. I don't like the fact it's a bit bigger than other props on cases to be honest, but because of that the iPad can be stored far left and further away from the compass than any other case I have seen, which is a really good thing. The case I have ordered from Amazon is not in stock until the 30th but does look nice fitting everything in camera guard, props on, iPad ect ect, and is smaller. I have a few days to make up my mind if to cancel and the drone crates one. Emmmmm decisions.

View attachment 23226

No space for the prop guards. It would be substantially bigger if it did have the space. Why does the distance between the tablet and compass matter? I've stored my P2 with tablet less than an inch away since I got it, no problems to date.

No space for the prop guards. It would be substantially bigger if it did have the space. Why does the distance between the tablet and compass matter? I've stored my P2 with tablet less than an inch away since I got it, no problems to date.

Ipads have a little magnetic strip in them for the apple magnetic covers they sell for them. Not saying this is a problem as many are putting slots in for tablets and ipads ect ect, but you note DJI did not put one in there back pack. Again not saying that you shouldn't just some school for thought really. One of the guys who works for dji on here keeps his ipad in his case so it cant be a problem i guess.

Ipads have a little magnetic strip in them for the apple magnetic covers they sell for them. Not saying this is a problem as many are putting slots in for tablets and ipads ect ect, but you note DJI did not put one in there back pack. Again not saying that you shouldn't just some school for thought really. One of the guys who works for dji on here keeps his ipad in his case so it cant be a problem i guess.
That is interesting, fortunately I bought an NVIDIA Shield so it sounds like that will be one less thing I have to deal with.

Its the crash guard for the camera/gimbal im wanting to know about not prop guards. Anyone know if this case fits a P3 with one on. The drone crates one that is.

This is the exact same case shell as the Seahorse 920 and others, just with custom water cut high density closed cell foam. I have the Seahorse and really like the Drone Crates insert, way better than the pick-n-pluck that came with my Seahorse. So I emailed to buy just the insert, WOW, real expensive. My Seahorse was $130, this one is like $215 or so, but they wanted $130 for just the foam, not saying it isn't worth it, it's a great case and their insert is well thought out. For a 1st time buyer a good deal, but I would have to double the cost of my Seahorse to get their insert.

I kept my Air 2 slot as far away from the P3 as possible, with the batteries between it and the P3, just in case.

Its the crash guard for the camera/gimbal im wanting to know about not prop guards. Anyone know if this case fits a P3 with one on. The drone crates one that is.
You mean the plastic piece that goes between the camera and gimbal to keep the camera stationary during transportation? If so then yes that fits with no problem.

No I mean one of the camera guards that attaches to the base of the landing gear, there advertised on the top of the forum page all the time. Cheers anyway with the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.