Drone Crates Case - The Best Case I Have Ever Owned

My thought all so on that.
Here is the layout I used on my Seahorse 920 case. (sorry the jpg was so large, I made it smaller)

case.JPG

Everything I need in one case

Last edited:
I knew the minute I saw the Drone Crates case that it looked high quality, the two tone foam and 6 battery holders sold me on the spot.

It arrived today and I can say without hesitation that it is the best case I have ever owned to hold anything. I'm not sure if the two tone foam or the 6 battery holders are my favorite part, but I certainly can't forget to mention the absolutely perfect fit for the P3.

I thought my Kumba Kam case for my P2 was a pretty good case, but I am certain there is no better case for the P3 out there.

The Drone Crates guys actually know what you need; plenty of battery holders (6), somewhere secure to store your memory cards (4 perfectly sized slots) , a tablet holder, and the foam makes it perfect. The white foam is stiffer than the grey foam so it holds it in place while still being soft for the components at the bottom of the P3.

Although I show the P3 with the propellers off (still waiting for my NVIDIA Shield to come in) the P3 will fit in the case with the propellers on. I just wish these guys made backpacks. Or a case for pretty much any other gear I own; I'd be first in line.

@herein2014,
In case you were unaware:
You should always remove those yellow stickers before attaching the rotor blades to fly... Just a friendly reminder... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Oso
@herein2014,
In case you were unaware:
You should always remove those yellow stickers before attaching the rotor blades to fly... Just a friendly reminder... ;-)

RedHotPoker
:) I had no idea....just kidding, took my maiden flight today, and yes I did remove the stickers and the one on the lens.

:) I had no idea....just kidding, took my maiden flight today, and yes I did remove the stickers and the one on the lens.

That's good. There was a humorous video someone posted, showing the lens film, blowing away, when he flew with it still attached. ;-)
Made me laugh... Please Don't be that guy! Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Just wanted to jump in and say that the Drone Crate is an AMAZING product. Got mine in the mail two days ago and the fit, and craftsmanship of the case and foam is spot on. Working with Kristopher on here and through email to get a decent shipping rate to Alaska was simple and painless.

IF I had to give one small con...and I am really reaching here to come up with it, it would be that my nVidia Shield tablet is a little small in the tablet slot. I can still reach it, just not as snug as I am sure am Air2 or something larger would be.

My 2 Cents.

Hi All, new member here.

I purchased a Pelican Storm Case iM2600 for my P3P as the DJI case looked too gaudy. My iPad Mini with case fits in a little slot and the Phantom with the gimbal lock fits perfectly.

IMG_1225_zpsprmurf9o.jpg

Reactions: Dome
It is a big issue for EU, becouse GoProfessional, Peli for Phantom, Drone Crate sell in US. Shipment to my country is around $100 + customs duty and so on! Also Amazon.com doesn't provide an international shipment to EU country for this products.

Anyway, I bought a DJI-Koffer backpack. Nice indeed !!
01875c24159404d7d470951013b199c7c53dc12c0e.jpg
010da2c8dbaf51afa3ead698b50b1bc32ca0d6a74b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the great and positive feedback! We are always open to hearing how we can improve so I always love hearing your thoughts.

@SitkaGrover I totally understand about the smaller Shield being a little loose in there. Maybe we can make some plug to go inside the slot for the smaller tablets. I'll have to look into that. When we where doing the design we where just trying to make it work with as many tablets as possible as they are vary in size.

I understand the need to accommodate the masses, and like I said, it was me stretching to find a "flaw" lol. It's a brilliant case and the more I use it the more I like it.

It might be possible to install one of the "ribbons" that loops under the tablet and by pulling on one ends lifts the tablet out? Like the kind often found on battery cases. Not sure its needed, but just a thought.

Reactions: Kris@DroneCrates

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl