Drone Covers SUP Race

Very nice. What editing program did you use to speed the camera up that quick. All the ones I've found speed up but not that fast. Love that feature.. great video

Very cool. A question for you and others--we are talking with several events about providing live streaming aerial video for their events using our app and platform. One question I have is regarding insurance and liability--does an event need to have drone-related insurance policies if they arrange for us to fly for them, or is that a separate responsibility that is purely on us and they're in the clear? When I bring that issue up, it often immediately scares away organizers, especially for small events.

Very cool. A question for you and others--we are talking with several events about providing live streaming aerial video for their events using our app and platform. One question I have is regarding insurance and liability--does an event need to have drone-related insurance policies if they arrange for us to fly for them, or is that a separate responsibility that is purely on us and they're in the clear? When I bring that issue up, it often immediately scares away organizers, especially for small events.

Great question- personally I use "verifly" for events such as this. It's drone insurance that you can pay for per hour. You give them coordinates and how long your flying for and pay by the hour. It's great and worth looking into.

Unfortunately I can't use verifly, because they are not approved yet in NY (the only state not to do so).

But that's not my question--I have insurance. I'm just not sure if my having insurance protects the event organizer from additional liability on their part. Basically I'm a contractor to them, and in many cases like that, they can still be liable if I screw something up, even if I have insurance. I'm new to this, and don't want to get anyone in trouble.

I think I'm being excessively cautious and conservative on this. It's been a hard time explaining the question to various people. It seems like SOP is for the drone pilot to get insurance and assume that that's good enough. Hopefully it is. I wonder in practice if it is, I suspect some lawyer would come after the event organizer AND the drone pilot, and I wonder how it would all shake out legally. For instance, I don't know if the event's insurer would say that they didn't approve drone use, because presumably in general they don't get a rider, etc.

Unfortunately I can't use verifly, because they are not approved yet in NY (the only state not to do so).

But that's not my question--I have insurance. I'm just not sure if my having insurance protects the event organizer from additional liability on their part. Basically I'm a contractor to them, and in many cases like that, they can still be liable if I screw something up, even if I have insurance. I'm new to this, and don't want to get anyone in trouble

I think I'm being excessively cautious and conservative on this. It's been a hard time explaining the question to various people. It seems like SOP is for the drone pilot to get insurance and assume that that's good enough. Hopefully it is. I wonder in practice if it is, I suspect some lawyer would come after the event organizer AND the drone pilot, and I wonder how it would all shake out legally. For instance, I don't know if the event's insurer would say that they didn't approve drone use, because presumably in general they don't get a rider, etc.

I'm no lawyer but I'm sure if you caused enough personal damage or injury that a lawyer would go after your insurance and the event organizer.

With that said though every event and professional gig I've done has indeed inquired about my insurance and are happy when I say I'm covered.

I'm no lawyer but I'm sure if you caused enough personal damage or injury that a lawyer would go after your insurance and the event organizer.

With that said though every event and professional gig I've done has indeed inquired about my insurance and are happy when I say I'm covered.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's right. From now on, though, I will just say I am covered and not bring up this issue. All it does is scare people away.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's right. From now on, though, I will just say I am covered and not bring up this issue. All it does is scare people away.

If I was a prospective client it would scare me as well. I would always just ensure you are covered and leave it at that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic