Drone at Fort Lauderdale Airport

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just curious about what I saw the other day. I was just seated on my flight from Fort Lauderdale to Houston. I was returning from filming in Newfoundland and the Bahamas for Sea Shepherd, so not new to drones. Much to my surprise, I see what looks like a Phantom series drone rise from behind the airliner in the photo. I was able to grab my phone and take this one shot capturing the drone hovering about 50' above the winglet of the airliner. after taking the shot I lost visual on the drone. When we taxied by the location I saw no one with a controller, nor the drone. This seems unusual, but maybe the drone is used to scare birds away? Maybe they were filming a commercial? Anyway, since I saw nothing in the news, I thought I'd share it here to get your pure speculation on the event =0)
Drone at FT Lauderdale.jpg

Hey everyone, just curious about what I saw the other day. I was just seated on my flight from Fort Lauderdale to Houston. I was returning from filming in Newfoundland and the Bahamas for Sea Shepherd, so not new to drones. Much to my surprise, I see what looks like a Phantom series drone rise from behind the airliner in the photo. I was able to grab my phone and take this one shot capturing the drone hovering about 50' above the winglet of the airliner. after taking the shot I lost visual on the drone. When we taxied by the location I saw no one with a controller, nor the drone. This seems unusual, but maybe the drone is used to scare birds away? Maybe they were filming a commercial? Anyway, since I saw nothing in the news, I thought I'd share it here to get your pure speculation on the event =0)View attachment 115506
It's a seagull dressed as a drone trying to steal a potato chip. Seriously sheezo, I can think of NO reason a drone could be anywhere near an operational aircraft, but it sure looks like a drone. I used to live near SRQ the Sarasota airport here on the other coast of Fla., and birds are a real problem here. I used to hear shotgun fire and finally discovered they use shotguns with blanks to scare birds. But I can not imagine the reason for the one you saw. Good Eye.

Yes blown up makes a strange shape,
Bit of topic but go the Sea Shepherd, just watched the thunder chase awesome,, @gringorio keep up the staunch work if you part of the team,;)

Reactions: gringorio

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav