Drone Arrest

Stupid people like that are what messes it up for the rest of us that take flying drones seriously.

I can almost gurantee this was a terrorist testing the response of him flying a drone in White House area. Nobody in their right mind is dumb enough to do this. Has to be terrorist

I can almost gurantee this was a terrorist testing the response of him flying a drone in White House area. Nobody in their right mind is dumb enough to do this. Has to be terrorist
I find nowadays, everything is potential terrorism, it's the world we live in sadly. That's the first thing that is thought of..... This is the second time this happened however. The first guy worked for the US gov't.

actually a couple months back some idiot flew his drone and crashed in the white house lawn. He was just a hobbies that lost control.

doubt that very much, if as you say it was a terrorist, then you can bet your bottom dollar no one would have been arrested. The person would have been very much incognito and would not have been found out. terrorists don't work that way, they hit from the shadows. This was just a stupid jerk with half a brain.

Reactions: N017RW
Idiots are everywhere, especially on the roads driving cars. I can't drive a single day without seeing an idiot driver. They should be considered terrorists too, they actually terrorize people on the road, isn't that the definition of a terrorist, a person who terrorizes...? Should ban cars...

Reactions: Scradam
Terrorists wouldn't "try it out" either. It would have been fully laden and been flown FPV from a random location.

Sad part is, with the US, this will be another spin to help eventually move on to another disillusioned agenda......

Idiots are everywhere, especially on the roads driving cars. I can't drive a single day without seeing an idiot driver. They should be considered terrorists too, they actually terrorize people on the road, isn't that the definition of a terrorist, a person who terrorizes...? Should ban cars...
You have to have a license and take a test to drive a car and if you break one of the many moving violation laws there are repercussions. They are going to do the same for us operators. Watch!

You have to have a license and take a test to drive a car and if you break one of the many moving violation laws there are repercussions. They are going to do the same for us operators. Watch!
I feel eventually, they are going to require people to get licences for them . If they do, I hope there is a grandfather clause for people who had them prior to a licence requirement.

I think they should give him a very harsh penalty and blow it up all over the media so we dont have ******* copy cats

Reactions: EnronCEO
The truth is I predict the government is going to implement no fly zone with "AES" airspace control. AES (auto electric shutoff). You will probably get a 1 mile to 500 feet warning if you are flying to close to any government, national landmarks, airports or any other types of government owned land. Implementing a license to fly would put many drone companies out of business and loss in general tax revenues so I am sure this will not happen. You will see a growth in the masses with drone sales skyrocketing, there will be a huge demand for ADS (Avoidance Detection Systems) which will become standard and mandatory in the future.

I thought half the people got their license on ebay. I'm surprised half the people driving passed a single test in their life. But honestly the license system is screwed. I don't think there is a single bad driver that cant pass eventually, it took my wife who drove perfectly the first time she got into a car 2 tries, because some jerk was speeding and caught up to her too fast, huh..!?!? My aunt who is clumsy got hers after like 4 attempts, I wouldn't want to drive next to her.... Many people don't belong behind the wheel of a car, and they are licensed to do so. Doesn't mean anything. I'm sure most unlicensed drivers drive better, as they know if they get caught its jail time...

I go 10 over the limit everywhere, and if you aren't going 10 above, you're in everyones way. Its common practice to go 10 over no? Never had repercussions from doing that. People do much worse and get away with it.

Last edited:
Sorry, wanted to post but had to stop to block Killercut, honestly, no one can have any kind of a serious conversation without him spouting off with some smart *** comment. In any case the perp that did this was in all likelihood not a terrorist, just some brain dead dude looking for prop's on youtube. And the problem with a lot of media attention is that it does not stop copycats, it encourages them. Criminals by definition are not the sharpest tools in the box, and tend not to learn by others mistakes, they always think they are smarter than the other guy and can get away with it. With 20 years in the criminal Justice System I have seen it many many times.

Reactions: Geoelectro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31