Drifting with 12+ Satellites locked?

Can you turn VPS off and try the tests again? My P3A is rock solid once it has GPS fix so there's definitely something wrong with yours.

My P3P has a drift issue when hovering close to the ground!
I got a new downward sensor for $3 and change from a seller with good reviews! I also ordered the landing gear and new antennas and a screw set to replace all of the old ones with new! If after I replace all this stuff and it still drifts could it be the motors? I hope it’s not in the main board
It sounds like you have no idea what the issue is and you're just replacing parts at random.
It would make much more sense to identify the issue and deal with that.
Most of the things you've mentioned would not be involved at all.

It's not possible to work out much from your description.
You haven't described the problem in any detail, but something caught my attention.
You said that it happens close to the ground.
Are you aware of the limitations of the VPS system?
It only works where the ground has a definite texture or pattern and the lighting is good.
If the surface is plain like grass or concrete etc, there is nothing for the VPS to lock on to and it's going to wander trying to find something to lock onto.
It's easy to check to see whether this is your problem.
What surface are you hovering over? At what height?
If you climb past 10 metres does that fix things?
If you disable the VPS does that make a difference?

If that doesn't sort things out, a look at the recorded flight data might help.

i give up other drones fly fine in the same places including other Dji drones. It was a mess when I got it as I said, I don’t know what it’s supposed to lock onto if grass and everything else will confuse it? It’s advertised that it’s supposed to be stable for indoor flight (No I haven’t tried indoors my living area has to many fragile things I won’t risk) but most places I have lived has patterns on the floor that it can’t lock onto like tile, carpet, hardwood? It’s going to havethe same issue unless the ground under it is marked with irregular patterns that just don’t occur intentionally in most places! So I don’t know where the vps will work right ? I was thinking of selling it once I replaced all the parts that show signs of were and just stick with the mavics and newer drones since there able to fly the way they are advertised for me. also it was like this when I got it and I have never flown a new Phantom so I don’t have anything to reference as normal beside 2 mavics and a few other non Dji drones, with all the google searching about stability the most common was The props being out of balance or chipped , or cheap aftermarket, so that was my first try to fix it, now it’s either the gps signal not being processed correctly? Or the vps is blind but not reporting a issue?(I did check the sensor they seem clear of debris and damage) they don’t seem to respond to my hand being under the. So that’s another possibility a weak signal for them! I have no idea what the past owner did to the bird! Maybe the compass isn’t working right? It calibrates per the app! But there’s parts are cheap and will fix the marks on the drone by replacing them regardless. Also I don’t know how to add more detail to the description? It’s drifting like it’s in atti mode and it has 12+ satellites locked! No errors in the app!

Last edited:
Reactions: p3s_noob
now it’s either the gps signal not being processed correctly? Or the vps is blind but not reporting a issue? .. Maybe the compass isn’t working right? ... It’s drifting like it’s in atti mode
You're just guessing and most or all of your guesses aren't right.
A compass issue would make the Phantom slowly spiral around.
GPS doesn't work the way you are imagining.
You can easily eliminate or confirm the VPS as an issue by disabling it or flying higher than VPS range.
Here's what the manual says about the limitations of the VPS system.
i-DGwNx9K-L.jpg

You're just guessing and most or all of your guesses aren't right.
A compass issue would make the Phantom slowly spiral around.
GPS doesn't work the way you are imagining.
You can easily eliminate or confirm the VPS as an issue by disabling it or flying higher than VPS range.
Here's what the manual says about the limitations of the VPS system.
i-DGwNx9K-L.jpg
I said I tried that originally ( fly higher than the vps (“I cannot take my eyes off it unless I fly it 50’ or above the obstacles “ and I also said tried in different modes all had the same result! ) another poster asked if I tried switching modes to see if it becomes stable and I said yes! You said I didn’t make it clear but everything you have said I did wrong I posted I tried? So never mind,

Reactions: p3s_noob
I said I tried that originally ( fly higher than the vps (“I cannot take my eyes off it unless I fly it 50’ or above the obstacles “ and I also said tried in different modes all had the same result! ) another poster asked if I tried switching modes to see if it becomes stable and I said yes! You said I didn’t make it clear but everything you have said I did wrong I posted I tried? So never mind,
I have been suggesting things that could be helpful but you don't want to approach it methodically and work out what the problem is.
If you want people to help you need to be more specific.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20