Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

yeah it creates the directory structure, and i can see the log folder, just nothing inside it and no P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file created. I do have hidden files showing, no files though.

How long did you leave it? Flashing red/green on the gimbal sounds normal to me. Takes around 25 mins with debug file..

yeah it creates the directory structure, and i can see the log folder, just nothing inside it and no P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file created. I do have hidden files showing, no files though.

Since gimball (camera board) is creating directory structure on SD problem is probably with upgrade/downgrade process not initiating. Is little led on gimbal solid red all the time when you power on with .bin on SD?

Finally got the camera hooked up to the bricked p3a (it shows permanent compass error). It appears to start the firmware process, but i get flashing green/red and BEEP-BEEP .. i cant find anything on this. You guys know? I tried formattting SD card, different SDcard, tried 1.8, 1.9, tried forced upgrade holding VPS button, also tried DEBUG file. No go .. and absolutely no logs created on the SD card. I was able to use this camera to upgrade a different p3a, so i know the camera is good.

How long did you let it try to update? the reason i ask is one time i pulled the sd card out before the update was done and when i went to update again it started making the startup sound continuously for at least 15 min (seemed like eternity) but in the background of that god awful sound i could hear the quiet update beeping...eventually the annoying screeching stopped and a few minutes later the update took...So i guess its a long shot but maybe try letting it do what its doing for 15 or so minutes and see if it starts to take...If that didn't work and if it seems like its toast, personally, i would try to update the individual modules...But that would definitely be the last resort...

Last edited:
the first time i let it run for 45 minutes, thinking it was done via regular firmware update process). The second time, probably 30 mins vy holding the vps button to force firmware process. The third time i left it for an hour and a half easily and i tried the debug file process. Maybe i need a different SD card, will need to buy one i cant find a single one in the house.

Since gimball (camera board) is creating directory structure on SD problem is probably with upgrade/downgrade process not initiating. Is little led on gimbal solid red all the time when you power on with .bin on SD?

I hadnt looked at the camera last night, just did now .. the light stays green the entire time, never once turns red. I've seen alot of weird things in firmware by now, but havent seen this before. When its in this process red/green, i cannot connect RC so its definitely in some mode.

Will see if i can try another SD card tonight, maybe its that. Appreciate the help and thoughts guys :)

the first time i let it run for 45 minutes, thinking it was done via regular firmware update process). The second time, probably 30 mins vy holding the vps button to force firmware process. The third time i left it for an hour and a half easily and i tried the debug file process. Maybe i need a different SD card, will need to buy one i cant find a single one in the house.

I hadnt looked at the camera last night, just did now .. the light stays green the entire time, never once turns red. I've seen alot of weird things in firmware by now, but havent seen this before. When its in this process red/green, i cannot connect RC so its definitely in some mode.

Will see if i can try another SD card tonight, maybe its that. Appreciate the help and thoughts guys :)

That makes sense. Upgrade/downgrade is not even starting. Is there any difference with AC behavior when booted with or without SD?

i got the "+" sign after downgading to 1.7 so i just went to 1.6 then upgraded back to 1.7 and no "+" sign and all went well, i think i will go to 1.8 and the rc to 1.6 i think that worked the best for me when it was on originally

Well i spoke to soon i went from 1.7 to 1.8 but after an age it it just gave up when i check the firmware it says its now on 1.1.9 + , haven't got a clue as yet as to how it did that, all seems fine and working just appears not to want to update or downgrade, spoke to DJI and they have no idea either, more digging required but its fine as is it up to now, then again i haven't flown it yet though.
Doesn't seem to matter what firmware or debug file i put on the card the drone does not start the DDD nor flash the gimble lights, any ideas anyone ?

Well i spoke to soon i went from 1.7 to 1.8 but after an age it it just gave up when i check the firmware it says its now on 1.1.9 + , haven't got a clue as yet as to how it did that, all seems fine and working just appears not to want to update or downgrade, spoke to DJI and they have no idea either, more digging required but its fine as is it up to now, then again i haven't flown it yet though.
Doesn't seem to matter what firmware or debug file i put on the card the drone does not start the DDD nor flash the gimble lights, any ideas anyone ?

Post log from last update

no lights on the gimble only the arms

the light not coming on at all

That makes sense. Upgrade/downgrade is not even starting. Is there any difference with AC behavior when booted with or without SD?

Yes it boots up normally without the sd card , with it , its like a disco flashing yellow like a wild thing

Ok took it out and in for a penny in for a pound 40mtrs up and out over the river mersey 1000mtrs later still 5 bars of signal and crystal clear picture, gimble fine,no camera this must be the + sign, flies better than it has for along time but i wont be able to update it or take pics so its basically scrap

Last edited:
The latest and hopefully the last on this for me , i had to replace the main control board in the gimbal as it had failed stopping it from reading the sd card , anyway fingers crossed alls well i will confirm when the weather changes but the cameras ok, sd card can be read and written too and the no issues on the App, touch wood all fixed and i think ill leave the software alone it alone from now on

I just did the 1.10 to 1.9 downgrade. I let it run for roughly 35 minutes, and I put it out side. After 35 minutes or so, the camera LED was still flashing and it was still beeping. I turned on my controller, and it immediatly connected to the AC and fw showed 1.9.60, so I powered down and removed the card.

The result file just says:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

So, I guess I am good?

Another weird thing is that I am in the DC NFZ, and motors spins up just fine even when I put the AC/RC outside in full view of GPS when using 3.1.5 Android GO. The android app does not ***** whatsoever about NFZs. If I use iOS though, it wont let me spin the motors up..

I don't even give a **** about flying in the NFZ. I hate the NFZ, but the law is the ******* law...

My issue with it 1.10 is that there was some major No Fly Zone problems around DC. The DC FRZ is surrounded by a another slightly larger ring known as the "enhanced warning zone." My P3S has no problems flying in it, and I hear from P4 flyers that they can fly in it, but my P3P would not. It will take off in one area, but autolands like 30 sec later. DJI knows it is FUBAR, and will give you a blanket unlock (but this only works with iOS DJI GO).

WHen I got my P3P, it was a refurb. They had tried to upgrade it to 1.10, but it looks like it was on a firmware that was too low to go straight to 1.10. I foolishly upgraded it to 1.10....

One thing I will say is that when I got the AC a month or so ago, the motors spun right up at my house in the NFZ, but after several reboots of the AC/GO/RC, it ended up picking up the NFZ or GEO crap, and motors stopped spinning.

Not sure what it up with it now though. I just drove to right outside the NFZ and flew for like 20 minutes in a very controlled fashion, and everything seems OK, just no NFZ. I guess we will see. I think I need to block my DJI GO app from talking to the DJI servers :)

****! Now my NFZs are back! I thought I had glitched this thing into being getting rid of them! Guess I am going down to 1.7!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3