Downgrade question

Reaction score
Since moving to the current firmware I have been having trouble charging my transmitter battery. I may just have a bad battery but the charging circuit is really acting strange. Before I tried to install new batteries in the transmitter I thought I would downgrade at least the transmitter to see if it charged correctly.

I did some searches on how to downgrade and there are so many old threads I can make heads or tails on were to start.

Can someone point me to some current instructions on how to downgrade or tell me how?

I have a P3P running the latest firmare and the latest DJI Go app.

Thanks

Harold

Well I figured it out but that did not help.

Has anyone ever replace the transmitter battery themselves?

I saw a couple there.

It looks like the DJI battery has a balancer built into it. Seems like finding the battery is near impossible and from what I understand the won't sell you a new battery. So if it goes bad you have to buy a new transmitter. That's a rip off.

According to Youtube and some - there is no balancer in the Controller battery ... it appears to have a twin main power lead to an unusual number of pins connector.
As far as I can determine - the controller itself has a reducer to bring the charger supply from 17.4V down to required 8.4V (2S LiPo full charge value).

The actual battery is a 2S LiPo ....

Nigel

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl