Dont Bother Bringing to Zion RV Park

Reaction score
Recently went to the Zion RV Park located in Utah and thought this would be a great opportunity to buzz along the Virgin River. Upon checking in I was asked if I had any "drones"? I was told for privacy reasons I was not allowed to fly in the park or even outside the park along the river - violates privacy of those who live near by.. Very disappointing. Though upset and frustrated, I did not give the lady any lip and just did not fly. Sure would have been nice - even Before You Fly showed I was not in a State or Federal park nor in any restricted air space. Oh well -

Recently went to the Zion RV Park located in Utah and thought this would be a great opportunity to buzz along the Virgin River. Upon checking in I was asked if I had any "drones"? I was told for privacy reasons I was not allowed to fly in the park or even outside the park along the river - violates privacy of those who live near by.. Very disappointing. Though upset and frustrated, I did not give the lady any lip and just did not fly. Sure would have been nice - even Before You Fly showed I was not in a State or Federal park nor in any restricted air space. Oh well -

The fact that there are satellites that can rad your number plate from space didn't worry her?

Reactions: Chopper Al
So every plane that ever flew over that place is guilty of invasion of privacy?

Makes sense.

If you are not on their land (if you were on public land), they don't have any control over what you do. So they can state that you cannot be on their property and operate a drone but they certainly cannot tell you that you can't launch from someone else's property or fly over anything.

Of to be more correct, they can _tell_ you that, but it's not legally binding.

If you are not on their land (if you were on public land), they don't have any control over what you do. So they can state that you cannot be on their property and operate a drone but they certainly cannot tell you that you can't launch from someone else's property or fly over anything.

One sunny day last October I went to a public park to fly my P3P. About 15 min. later a cop pulls up to me and says "Drones are prohibited in the park, you'll have to go somewhere else". I casually scratched my forehead with my middle finger only (think he got the message?) and said "OK, good day, officer". Then I went to my buddy's house across the street and launched from there and fly my P3P all over the park. The cop just sat there in his cruiser FUMING at me. :p

Of to be more correct, they can _tell_ you that, but it's not legally binding.
You are correct and I was more concerned being black listed from this camp site which is one of our favorites. It wasn't worth loosing that ability but your right - maybe next time I will go down the road a bit and as long as I am not in a controlled air space or within 5 miles of an airport I should be good...

One sunny day last October I went to a public park to fly my P3P. About 15 min. later a cop pulls up to me and says "Drones are prohibited in the park, you'll have to go somewhere else". I casually scratched my forehead with my middle finger only (think he got the message?) and said "OK, good day, officer". Then I went to my buddy's house across the street and launched from there and fly my P3P all over the park. The cop just sat there in his cruiser FUMING at me. :p

I don't even know where to start here.

I wonder why the city doesn't like drone folks?

SB

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT