Doing commercial missions in class E airspace question

When you submitted your night flying waiver, I'm assuming you had to specify an area that you'd be flying like you would for an airspace waiver. It's not a blanket waiver to fly at night anywhere, correct?
Nope fly anywhere except within controlled airspace. Good for 2 years also

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's great! What did you put in the "Proposed area of operations" box?

Jive search for the DroneU video on the waiver process. It will go line by line and explain the details and give you a good jump-start. It doesn't tell you exactly how to meet the requirements so you'll still have to do some work but it gets you going on the right track.

No contact from them at all. I thought out all of their issues and wrote out how I would implement training to over come the issues. If it was an equipment ie strobe for night, I purchased what met the requirements and then explained what I had purchased where on the aircraft it will be located. I also limited my height to no more than 200 ft.

Good info. I'm going on 3 weeks for my waiver request with nothing heard back from them yet.

Will do. I did do the RemotePilot101 course and he had a video specifically on waivers vs. authorizations, and how to file them.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Well it did work for me. I only filled in the required fields. If it was optional I left those fields blank.

I need to double check the form. Was that the box where you describe where and how you want to fly?

Ugh, that is never going to fly with the faa.
You leave it blank (yes contrary to every single thing I've ever filed with the FAA LOL) because it's N/A on the waiver system. They sort of took a short cut in their portal design. I bet the FAA folks had a coronary over "yes leave this one blank". LOL

Here's a screen shot a friend of mine shared of a "Controlled Airspace Grid"
17021479_10210448302078006_942074574973480256_n.jpg

Looks like Orlando (ORD). Man, that would make life so much easier. Can't wait! I would guess that they will start with the big boys and work their way down.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just know that Dronebase doesnt pay hardly anything. Especially if you're doing pano missions. Client missions are the only guaranteed pay. Pano missions only pay if "they say" someone bought the footage. Out of 30 missions, that were ranked at 80% chance of pay, I made 40 bucks off of em. Not worth my time.

You leave it blank (yes contrary to every single thing I've ever filed with the FAA LOL) because it's N/A on the waiver system. They sort of took a short cut in their portal design. I bet the FAA folks had a coronary over "yes leave this one blank". LOL

Here's a screen shot a friend of mine shared of a "Controlled Airspace Grid"
17021479_10210448302078006_942074574973480256_n.jpg

This is GOLD!!!!! We need more of these to surface. If we had this information we wouldn't be wasting months and months trying to guess the correct language that FAA wants to see. They are no help whatsoever!!!!

Reactions: ProBowie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna