Does wifi really matter!?!?!?

blackwolfk9 said:
1st_time_flyer said:
blackwolfk9 said:
So if the goal is to maintain FPV for the stock flying distance of a P2V, what is the cheapest and best bang for the buck.
Couldn't you start your own thread?

I tried to on antenna's and did not get one reply. I asked if someone could explain all the antennas on the Phantom, Wifi Extender, Controller, Camera and how they relate/work with each other.
I saw that question and answered the entire thing for you. BUT, when the site was "messed with" and they had to use a backup to restore what they could, that question and answer were gone. I was a little surprised no one had given you an answer on that when I saw it. Several hours had passed since you ask it.
The conroller on 5.8 Ghz talks to the receiver in your quad. That receiver board is conected to the "brain" and gives you control. The entender talks to the camera on 2.4 Ghz and the camera talks back. The extender also connects to your phone or tablet. The app on your phone or tablet allows you to send commands to the camera through the entender.

FPVLR said:
Hello guys when people get choppy video after the install it's always because of bent cables inside the extender.
cables should be positioned like this, and the lid should close without pushing on the back of the cables.
http://fpvlr.com/shop/image/cache/data/ ... 00x500.JPG

cableinstall-500x500.JPG

thanks for the response FPVLR....I will take a look at that when I get home tonight.....it's not the choppy video that i'm concerned with it's the fact that I lose connection only after going 200ft more than what I was at stock with the re700.....shouldn't I be seeing more than this? or could this be causing me to lose connection as well?

FPVLR,
Nice short cables you have there. Most are longer and require a loop or two. Looks good.

Happyflyer said:
FPVLR,
Nice short cables you have there. Most are longer and require a loop or two. Looks good.

yeah I noticed that the ones he has and the ones he sent me were considerably longer as well.....why is that?.....why the need for all that extra wire under there?

I see that connector....I made it a point to make sure that mine didn't do that....maybe I pinched something when I put the cover on.....my first post was to try and figure out if in fact everyone elses wifi in their homes could be my problem from the start....?

dirkclod said:
See how that connecter is touching the side ... that's what I was referring to .
You mean where the arrow points or some where I don't see?

Attachments

• Short cable.jpg
    Short cable.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 267
Happyflyer said:
dirkclod said:
See how that connecter is touching the side ... that's what I was referring to .
You mean where the arrow points or some where I don't see?
yea

dirkclod said:
I might get Tony to sent me some of those shorter cables and redo mine .

why wouldn't he do that from the beginning....they are all the same length for the repeater no?

I would have to open one up and check but that square "thing" the connector may be touching could be ground. If so the outside of the U.fl connector would also be ground so it should not make any diference.

Happyflyer said:
I would have to open one up and check but that square "thing" the connector may be touching could be ground. If so the outside of the U.fl connector would also be ground so it should not make any diference.
On the video's I watched and all I have read in here it said not to let them touch but I really don't know if it matters or not .

FPVLR said:
Hi Dirk,
we always send 2 short cables and 1 long one for the radio tx.

If distance is only 200ft more it means the half sphere is not radiating, that's the one attached to the connector exiting out the side. The source of your problems is most likely that cable.

Probably only the omnidirectional is hooked up correctly, that's why only 200ft more.

I'm a little confused by your answer....I will check out the cable that goes to the half sphere.....does it matter which plug it's hooked up to on the extenders board? what do you mean by hooked up correctly.....? I didn't see any instructions included with your antennas so I could see why it would be hard to miss something.

FPVLR said:
Hi Dirk,

If distance is only 200ft more it means the half sphere is not radiating, that's the one attached to the connector exiting out the side. The source of your problems is most likely that cable.

Probably only the omnidirectional is hooked up correctly, that's why only 200ft more.
When I got mine which was awhile back I just got the Stage 2 for the extender first and then I got the 5.8 antenna later so I do have the stage 3 set now but didn't get it as a set. Don't ya remember ? Thought I was ya only customer ;)

dirkclod said:
FPVLR said:
Hi Dirk,

When I got mine which was awhile back I just got the Stage 2 for the extender first and then I got the 5.8 antenna later so I do have the stage 3 set now but didn't get it as a set. Don't ya remember ? Thought I was ya only customer ;)

does it matter which cable plugs into which plug on the extenders board?

http://fpvlr.com/shop/image/cache/data/ ... 00x500.JPG If I remember correctly in this picture which is on page 3 the cable that goes out the top goes to the little antenna and the one going out the side goes to the half sphere that mounts on top of the extender . I will try and find the video that I went by and post it but not really sure it matters which goes where . Maybe some else will see this and clarify this .

Added / At 1;15 in this you see where they go . The one in the side does go to the half sphere https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO-_btIbYtA

i understand where the antennas are installed to which port on the range extender what i'm asking is which port do the wires plug into internally? or does it even matter?

1st_time_flyer said:
i understand where the antennas are installed to which port on the range extender what i'm asking is which port do the wires plug into internally? or does it even matter?
Look at that picture again and that will show you . And not sure it does matter or not but just look at that picture close . The plug at the top right of that picture goes to the top of your extender where the little antenna goes .

dirkclod said:
1st_time_flyer said:
Look at that picture again and that will show you . And not sure it does matter or not but just look at that picture close . The plug at the top right of that picture goes to the top of your extender where the little antenna goes .

got you...didn't know if that was a legitimate picture to represent where they actually need to be plugged in...

Ok fellas here's my setup on the pilots side. Just got done testing it again in a more open area and barely got 1200ft out of it. Will open up the extended and show you a pic of how I have everything routed in a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 292

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20