Does p4 need rest between batteries

Reaction score
I am well aware that used batteries need to cool before doing anything with them but the question is, after the maximum flight time the battery is obviously hot and i would think it has warmed one or two components directly or indirectly, do i need to rest the p4 for a few minutes before putting it back up in the air or can I just pop in another battery and send it up as soon as it lands?

Just to let you know i have sent it up straight after landing without problem but i am unsure if i am doing harm to my bird.

You can pop in the next battery and keep going.

For what it's worth, my normal routine is to run all four batteries on most outings. After landing I shut down the bird, pull the battery, insert the new one, start it up and I'm right back in business.

I have not noticed any "extra" heat from the P4 with each battery exchange.

AD

Reactions: Erised
For what it's worth, my normal routine is to run all four batteries on most outings. After landing I shut down the bird, pull the battery, insert the new one, start it up and I'm right back in business.

I have not noticed any "extra" heat from the P4 with each battery exchange.

AD
Yep! same here with my 4 batteries.

Reasonableness is what I'm going by. I did two long distance runs last night with a total of almost 20 miles. The motors were warm but not hot after the first flight. Because of that, and the air temp was around 48 deg, I decided to do the next run with just about 5 minute break-the time it took me to R&R the batteries and SD cards.

I would have waited longer if the motors were hot like they get on hot days. On those days, the motors get hot to the point it would appear damage may occur. If they are just reasonably warm, I will fly again without cooling any further.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20