Does anyone know what this is for ?

Well I took mine off and went for a test flight. When I got to 400' an alarm started sounding. I hadn't heard it before so I looked at the screen to find a timer counting down from 5. An inter-dimensional vortex opened just above my P4. There was a white streak and a flash of light and then everything was silent. Last night I received a transmission from Andromeda. They Rick Rolled me...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
LOL!!!

Gimbal Lock is all that is necessary. No need to replace the foam piece from factory unless you want...
When I install the gimbal lock (very carefully) I notice that it forces the gimbal arm backwards slightly. If I put the foam block in first and then install the gimbal guard, I notice that the arm stays perpendicular to the body (straight up and down). As a personal preference I intend to replace it just for added stability as I carry the quad in a backpack some distances.

When I install the gimbal lock (very carefully) I notice that it forces the gimbal arm backwards slightly. If I put the foam block in first and then install the gimbal guard, I notice that the arm stays perpendicular to the body (straight up and down). As a personal preference I intend to replace it just for added stability as I carry the quad in a backpack some distances.

I found a better way to put the gimbal guard on the other day. I just bought motor covers because of my back pack. I discovered that putting the guard on when the drone is upside-down resting on the motor covers is easier and way less stress on it.

Reactions: Advexure
I found a better way to put the gimbal guard on the other day. I just bought motor covers because of my back pack. I discovered that putting the guard on when the drone is upside-down resting on the motor covers is easier and way less stress on it.
I also place the quad upside down when installing the gimbal lock. It doesn't change what I observed. Look carefully at the gimbal arm and see if it's being pushed back at all. The foam block helps to keep this from happening, upside down or right side up :) I did wonder if there was any tolerances in the manufacturing of the gimbal lock such that would influence the relationship of the camera molded part relative to the extension arms that retain it to the leg assembly.

Last edited:
Well I took mine off and went for a test flight. When I got to 400' an alarm started sounding. I hadn't heard it before so I looked at the screen to find a timer counting down from 5. An inter-dimensional vortex opened just above my P4. There was a white streak and a flash of light and then everything was silent. Last night I received a transmission from Andromeda. They Rick Rolled me...

Must have been a black hole. Warp nine, Scottie

Reactions: MCTV
I guess "worm hole" would have been a more apt phenomenon as Andromeda is not in a different dimension. Oops, don't tell Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Fancher9-76
Stupid question really I think ... we all know that static cling sheets are used to protect sensitive surfaces like screens etc but I noticed this on my new P4 and can't think of why DJI put it there. My curiosity got the better of me, so here I am. It's a small clear sheet stuck to the bottom of the gimbal with a small tab to grab it ?

5u1s82.jpg
A similar "tag" is on Mavic's and said on the Mavic blog to stop the gimbal from scratching the surface it covers.

I replace both the foam piece and plastic lock after each flight. Figure it can't hurt with the ribbon cables.

Me neither, and I thought this a bit puzzling.

I got a feeling some twit put this on the wrong part at the factory. I also had the sticker but no sticker on the lens.

P4 black edition from bestbuy, purchased right before Xmas.

Stupid question really I think ... we all know that static cling sheets are used to protect sensitive surfaces like screens etc but I noticed this on my new P4 and can't think of why DJI put it there. My curiosity got the better of me, so here I am. It's a small clear sheet stuck to the bottom of the gimbal with a small tab to grab it ?

I have a simular strip on my P3P. I was going to pull it off, but then I thought it might be an over-temperature test strip to see if the gimbal base gets too hot (for warantee) I don't really know what it is for, but I decided to just leave it there. I wonder if DJI tech would know, or tell you what it was for.
Joe
KC7GHT
5u1s82.jpg
I

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT