Does anyone else get long range flights with their P3S stock?

Thanks, I love the standard. That flight was over 22,000 ft. Round trip 11,000 one way. Did you really go 20,000? That's badass. I've bought 2 standards now. Can't go wrong at $329 with warranty.

Now you got me thinking... With a parabolic, does size matter or does the curvature matter? I'll try making a soda can antenna and an enlarged version of the template windsurfer to see how they compare. I would love to get over 2 miles, I'm also flying over water or open fields.

Reactions: gnarlyvarúlfr
I think it's worth playing with. Costs next to nothing really. Mine seems to work great in most environments. Just find a wider can and line it with pop can tin.

I'm just over a month old at this with my first real drone P3s and thought I did pretty good two days ago out to 3/4 mile bone stock no mods but am looking into range extenders.also that range was with constant interference warnings

How do you maintain the FAA restriction of Line of Sight visibility? If you are using FPV mode, how do you get around the tunnel vision issue to see approaching manned aircraft? With or without a FAA RPIC license, your flying outside of the clear rules will eventually cause the FAA to tighten it's clamp. Why? We all love our drones and don't want our freedoms to be taken away.

Update on mine a P3s stock no booster or mode I just made it out to 6217 feet before rc signal lost return to home at the same time battery fail safe return kicked in. I was struggling to get past 2400 feet but after reading threads on her about boosters and reading how one person bought a blue proton opened his controller to find a antenna wasn't even plugged in I had to open mine. What I found was the brass clip on the end of my antenna wire was touching the metal shield on the transmitter I took my knife pried it away so it wasn't touching. First flight made it just over 3/4 of a mile, tonight 6217 feet 1.15 miles. I did this at my house I live in semi flat few rolling fields farm and ranch land in central Texas not far of I35

@Dpemberton415 3/4 is great and this same parabolic type booster will bring down those interferences and you don't have to mod your controller or your software. You'll be breaking a mile in no time.
I've built my prototype like yours haven't finished it yet and looking for a larger container to use to get better curvature but I am going to try my prototype first just been making a few benchmark runs after finding the clip for my antenna touching the shield on the transmitter and prying it away so it's not losing strength by touching the shield tonight was 6217 feet no booster

Wow those a great numbers. Already over a mile. That is also great information on inside the controller. The two drones I have are both refurbished standards. I'm speculating but what if that's what was wrong with mine. The person set them in and I bought them refurbished. Ya never know. It's good idea for people getting low distances to look at it. Awesome!

I've built my prototype like yours haven't finished it yet and looking for a larger container to use to get better curvature but I am going to try my prototype first just been making a few benchmark runs after finding the clip for my antenna touching the shield on the transmitter and prying it away so it's not losing strength by touching the shield tonight was 6217 feet no booster
Yes I got the idea to open my controller to have a look and that's when I noticed the clip touching the transmitter radiation shield and the next time I made it 3900+ feet after not making it past 2400, last night 6217. Got the idea to check because I've been reading the forum for awhile but after your thread and another I had to join. Point is everybody seamed to lose wifi before the controller I still had 4 bars when I lost rc signal so right there I put my tablet down grabbed controller and screen driver to have a look,told my self that's not right that's robbing signal

Things to look forward to lol I'm standing under trees and a power line and 2 miles down the road a broadband internet tower can't wait to get to clear flying

Here is a litchi mission April 1st. Lost connection about 11,600 ft and got signal back on the way home, phantom standard no mods. I was on a small hill. Litchi app crashed on the Galaxy tab A 10.1. I opened it again and tapped waypoint but the waypoints were gone. I could see it flying back home so let it do its thing.

Attachments

• litchi mission phantom 3 standard.jpg
    litchi mission phantom 3 standard.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 205
So stock, you get better range than i do with dbs lol?

Yeah, I have no idea how I get this kind of range. This is out in a remote, flat wildlife area with no houses nearby to contribute Wi-Fi interference, but still.

Yes I tried a few android tablets with mine they would ether crash freeze or lag and stutter told my wife I can fly that way to much to lose, got iPad mini because it always worked no lag every time on my iPhone. No about the litch app my drone flying on a preset mission out of my control scares the hell out of me lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl