Does any one know of any one armed phantom pilots?????

Reaction score
I Know this might sound like a werid ?

But does any one know of or even heard of any one being able to fly any phantoms with just one arm? or know of any way to get a controller that would make it easier to fly one handed??

Reason I'm asking is I had some one call me last night about a p2 and fpv set up and he wanted to know if it might even be possible for him to fly one or any phantom if he's only got one arm.

The only thing I could think of is that it might be doable to a degree esp if he had his remote on some thing or in a remote try with a strap so he could have his one free hand to use the sticks one at a time. Tho probably will never be able to do any crazy stunt flying. At least not with the stock controller.

But its really got me thinking and wondering if there is any one else doing it or if there is a way to do it with any other type of controller.

I Know this might sound like a werid ?

But does any one know of or even heard of any one being able to fly any phantoms with just one arm? or know of any way to get a controller that would make it easier to fly one handed??

Reason I'm asking is I had some one call me last night about a p2 and fpv set up and he wanted to know if it might even be possible for him to fly one or any phantom if he's only got one arm.

The only thing I could think of is that it might be doable to a degree esp if he had his remote on some thing or in a remote try with a strap so he could have his one free hand to use the sticks one at a time. Tho probably will never be able to do any crazy stunt flying. At least not with the stock controller.

But its really got me thinking and wondering if there is any one else doing it or if there is a way to do it with any other type of controller.

He could probably fly with a single stick transmitter. None of the major manufacturers make them any longer. Radio South could custom make one for him. http://www.radiosouthrc.com/custom_work.htm

Reactions: J.James
what is required is a joystick with thumb stick on top to replicate the left stick on a stock tranny, or have just throttle on the top thumb stick and twist the joystick for yaw like a PC type flight sim controller.

Reactions: J.James
Thanks guys. Some of them ideas are great and also not that complicated now that I've been thinking about them and bounced the ball off the wall.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31