DOA Battery !!!???

Reaction score
Posted today that I got a P3 battery delivered from Amazon. Well, I get NOTHING out of it! No indicator lights, nothing! If it is in hibernation mode, doesn't putting it on the charger wake it up?

In hibernation mode it should display a solid red when you try to turn it on.
Anyway I would left it charging to see what happens. (in a safe place)

Yep; agreed. Just about 6pm here, so I'm putting it on the charger while we go out for a burger & beer(s).

Do Not do that! Never charge lipo batteries unattended! Especially one that is questionable.

Too late!

Just got back from a HUGE pizza & a carafe of Chianti wine. Still dead as heck and no lights or anything [emoji37][emoji34].

Also, I should mention that it was room-temp too; didn't heat up or anything. RMAs SUCK!

Out-of-stock(again). Will just take the credit on my card I guess. Tired of waiting.

I realize this is an old post, but for fear of getting all the "use search function" comments, figured I'd post here before creating a new one.

I just received a new battery via Amazon today and have the exact issue as OP. Has this been more common since OP for others? FYI, I have 3-phantoms, 2-inspires, and several others, so not a newbie issue. Battery is brand new, no lights, (red or green), and nothing happens at all after trying to charge. Curious if others have had this issue with new P3 batteries, and if they're coming from Amazon?

Do they match serial numbers on the box to the actual battery inside ? I ordered 2 new from bhphoto 2 weeks ago and had no issues. Wonder if someone did a switch and returned to Amazon, and they just got put back on the shelf without checking.

Good question... Just checked, and the box numbers don't match anything on either battery. Boxes show a date code with barcode, and a part number barcode (part numbers are same). Batteries both start with 6171153171*** and don't match boxes that start with CH221655******

So nothing seems to match even close...Are you sure they should??

Hopefully image attached correctly.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    807.3 KB · Views: 438
I was sent a used P3A through Amazon prime.

Returning it this weekend or whenever my new one from DJI direct gets here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers