Do Litchi, Autopilot, and other non-DJI apps void warranty?

Reaction score
As the title states, does using a non-DJI app void any warranty that you may have? This can also apply to the P3P/P3A, as well as the P4/P4P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If it does, then why would DJI release the SDK to allow 3rd parties to develop their apps. I suspect using Litchi does not invalidate, but lets hear from users, particularly anyone who has had a claim refused.
I do not know about autopilot, not sure if it uses DJI SDK

Last edited:
I'm mostly interested since I've seen a lot of talk about people being afraid to use aftermarket batteries due to the warranty void and potential danger. I thought that perhaps the same can be applied to this

I'm mostly interested since I've seen a lot of talk about people being afraid to use aftermarket batteries due to the warranty void and potential danger. I thought that perhaps the same can be applied to this

Most advice seems to be why risk your very expensive ac with an aftermarket battery just to save a few £'s/$'s. I do not know if DJI can detect an aftermarket battery, but I cannot blame them if they do, and deny a claim.

Most advice seems to be why risk your very expensive ac with an aftermarket battery just to save a few £'s/$'s. I do not know if DJI can detect an aftermarket battery, but I cannot blame them if they do, and deny a claim.

Yes I realize that this is the thought behind not using aftermarket batteries, I figured the same thought process could be applied to aftermarket software. Just as aftermarket batteries may fail or void warranty, an aftermarket app could fail, and lead to a crash, a crash which DJI will not take fault for

No and they aren't responsible for any damaged caused by the 3d party market. If for some reason an aftermarket app made your drone fly off into a tree you can't take it back and claim warranty if the app is to blame. Basically 3d party apps are use at your own risk.

No and they aren't responsible for any damaged caused by the 3d party market. If for some reason an aftermarket app made your drone fly off into a tree you can't take it back and claim warranty if the app is to blame. Basically 3d party apps are use at your own risk.

Great this is exactly what I wanted to know!

Judging by many posts I have seen on other forums as well - DJI policy is to deny just about every possibility they can !

When I compare their exclusions to other RC manufacturers - seems DJI are paranoid !

But look at the history over the few years multi-rotors have been around. Too many idiots doing stupid things with them - no surprise then that DJI would want to cloak themselves as much as possible.

Nigel

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
Judging by many posts I have seen on other forums as well - DJI policy is to deny just about every possibility they can !

When I compare their exclusions to other RC manufacturers - seems DJI are paranoid !

But look at the history over the few years multi-rotors have been around. Too many idiots doing stupid things with them - no surprise then that DJI would want to cloak themselves as much as possible.

Nigel

I don't blame them at all.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
As far as using aftermarket batteries, I don't see how that could void a warranty. I could be wrong. But I do know that using aftermarket parts on your brand new car does NOT void the warranty as a whole. Maybe for that single part, but not the whole car.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wessex
DJI has made aftermarket batteries a mute subject a few versions ago. I ran an update and tried to fly and got a warning that I had a non factory battery and the rotors were disabled.

The subject is actually a mute one because many people are flying 'outside' of the limitations and guidelines states / authorities impose. So whether you use Litchi / Go, 3rd party battery or whatever - you are effectively not covered anyway.

But should a manufacturing defect be found in the actual model and gear itself - then I would suggest that it depends which country / region you are in for warranty coverage. Some areas like EU have strong 'fit for purpose' warranty laws. Even to the time period they cover.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl