DJIGO4 App Battery discharge setting

Reaction score
Hello Pilots!
I am a bit confused and I would like some of you to be able to clarify this question for me; This is the days setting for Battery Discharge. I don't think I'm wrong but I remember that I could schedule the download every 10 days… and now I can only choose a maximum of 5 days…. Am I right? .. or am I wrong ..?
I have 3 DJI equipment; Inspire2, Phantom 4Pro, Mavic 2Pro, in the case of the Inspire2 I can choose 10 days or more for battery discharges, but in the case of the Phantom and Mavic it only allows me to choose a maximum of 5 days for the scheduled discharge.
I will be grateful if you can clarify this for me.
The DJI Go4 App that I have installed is version 4.3.42
In the case of drones, they are all updated to the latest version for each model.
Greetings.!

Maybe it's so because longer resting times at full charge is not very good for batteries. I have set my P4P to dfischarge after 5 days although the option is up to 10 days.
The reason is simple. If I intend to go out for droning I usually charge batts to full a day before. Then (often) something comes between and my flying plans go by-by. Maybe I have a chance to do that flight next day or the day after. If the time of last charging extends to more than 5 days it is better to charge again. I would not fly with batteries which were charged nine or ten days back.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Maybe it's so because longer resting times at full charge is not very good for batteries. I have set my P4P to dfischarge after 5 days although the option is up to 10 days.
The reason is simple. If I intend to go out for droning I usually charge batts to full a day before. Then (often) something comes between and my flying plans go by-by. Maybe I have a chance to do that flight next day or the day after. If the time of last charging extends to more than 5 days it is better to charge again. I would not fly with batteries which were charged nine or ten days back.Andy9, thank you for your answer, I understand that very long periods with the battery fully charged is not good for it, I have the DJI multiple charger to charge the batteries in storage mode, so they remain 50% charged. , so now with the time of 5 days, I will not have any other option but to inspect them more often to make sure that they are not completely discharged or at least that they reach 10 or 15% of their load to reload them again. I think I will have to track the discharge of the batteries with this new setting of 5 days for scheduled discharge. Greetings.!

The reason is simple. If I intend to go out for droning I usually charge batts to full a day before. Then (often) something comes between and my flying plans go by-by. Maybe I have a chance to do that flight next day or the day after. If the time of last charging extends to more than 5 days it is better to charge again. I would not fly with batteries which were charged nine or ten days back.
The worst thing you can do to a lipo battery is keep it at full charge for long periods of time . About 55% to 62% is optimum
for long service life when stored in-between flights (usage) . I have at least 4 batteries for each of my drones and I try to land
at 55% . The self discharge on the DJI smart batteries builds heat while discharging and my hard cases are foam inside holding
heat even longer . Heat is not good for any type of battery . The fewer days you keep your batteries at full charge , the more
service life you will get from the batteries (number of charges) I set all of mine at 3 days and try to use them the same day down
to 55% . Lipo batteries are a different comical makeup from led-acid or 65018 batteries used in power tools that can be safely
stored for long periods of time. Lipos become a fire hazard when stored at full power and should be stored in fireproof containers . This is why DJI Smart Batteries self discharge . The perfect voltage for lipo storage per cell is 3.8 volts . Hope
this helps answer your question , if I understood what you were asking . Have a great day and fly safe .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31