DJI Warranty story(very Postive)

Reaction score
December 2015 I received a battery for my P3 as a gift from my bro in law!! As its winter here and the weather is terrible(high winds, snow and very cold) my flying time is limited. I am guessing I flew the gift battery about 5 times and then in march I go to use the battery and I get a broken cell error. I contacted DJI and they asked for proof of purchase. I explained it was a gift but they were very firm that proof of purchase was needed. I contacted my bro in law and he sent an email he recieved when he purchased the battery in early November. This worried me as at that point in March it was like 4 months since date of purchase. Of course I had not used the battery until early january but still..... Anyway I sent the proof of purchase to DJI and they asked for me to send the battery to them which I did. This week I recieved a brand new battery from DJI!!

I have heard many negative stories about DJI and their warranties but here is certianly an example whereby they stand by their products....I am happy!!

Each DJI battery has coded serial number inside and also stores the number of times it has been charged.

This info is enough to check the genuineness and warranty , why is then proof of purchase asked?

Each DJI battery has coded serial number inside and also stores the number of times it has been charged.

This info is enough to check the genuineness and warranty , why is then proof of purchase asked?

Nothing in the battery states when it was sold. A battery has a 6 month and 200 charge cycle warranty. According to DJI they will only honor the warranty when the item is received within that time frame.

Nothing in the battery states when it was sold. A battery has a 6 month and 200 charge cycle warranty. According to DJI they will only honor the warranty when the item is received within that time frame.
Thanks. I was wondering if DJI closes the financial loop with the seller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl