DJI Warranty Repair - User Experience

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I thought I should share my experience with a cracked P3A shell that surfaced after only 20 flights. I called DJI and told them about the cracks and they sent me an e-mail with instructions on how to pack my item for repair. The customer service rep was professional, friendly, and helpful. Usually, when a product is being sent back for repair, there are two e-mails that are sent to the customer.... the first is a customer information sheet, the second is a shipping label. The shipping label was not sent immediately, and did take a second phone call. It was eventually sent the following day, and this is the only part of the service repair that didn't go 100% smooth. So, after I got my shipping label, I had the unit sent out, and it was back to me in about 2 and a half weeks. There were no issues and DJI delivered on a 100% free new shell replacement. All-in-all, I would say that I was impressed with the service. I have yet to test out my unit and make sure everything works as it was sent, but so far so good. Hope this helps anyone who is considering buying a unit, or anyone that has an issue that may be covered under warranty.

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

I thought I should share my experience with a cracked P3A shell that surfaced after only 20 flights. I called DJI and told them about the cracks and they sent me an e-mail with instructions on how to pack my item for repair. The customer service rep was professional, friendly, and helpful. Usually, when a product is being sent back for repair, there are two e-mails that are sent to the customer.... the first is a customer information sheet, the second is a shipping label. The shipping label was not sent immediately, and did take a second phone call. It was eventually sent the following day, and this is the only part of the service repair that didn't go 100% smooth. So, after I got my shipping label, I had the unit sent out, and it was back to me in about 2 and a half weeks. There were no issues and DJI delivered on a 100% free new shell replacement. All-in-all, I would say that I was impressed with the service. I have yet to test out my unit and make sure everything works as it was sent, but so far so good. Hope this helps anyone who is considering buying a unit, or anyone that has an issue that may be covered under warranty.

Cheers

Hi there, thanks for posting. I'm going through the same thing. I sent my Phantom out on Friday and they should be receiving it today. I'm curious, hpw the Phantom look? Does it look brand new? Did they put back the stickers in the right place? Does any of the work look sloppy? Mine was sent to a facility in Carson, CA via FedEx.

Reactions: williamjamesfpv
Hi there, thanks for posting. I'm going through the same thing. I sent my Phantom out on Friday and they should be receiving it today. I'm curious, hpw the Phantom look? Does it look brand new? Did they put back the stickers in the right place? Does any of the work look sloppy? Mine was sent to a facility in Carson, CA via FedEx.

Hi Mario,

Mine was sent via FedEx as well, and it too went to Carson, CA. I believe all repairs are done there. The phantom looks brand new again.... as it should :) In other words, they really did put a new shell on, as promised. As for the stickers, they actually replaced mine, and they were even nice enough to send some extra stickers. As for the quality of the work, there was one screw that needed to be adjusted. It was inserted on an angle and resulted in the screw not going in all the way. It protruded out about 1mm as a result, but it took me all of maybe 10 seconds to fix it. Really a non-issue, but just thought I should share for the interest of full disclosure :)

HTH

Reactions: Mario_SB
Hi Mario,

Mine was sent via FedEx as well, and it too went to Carson, CA. I believe all repairs are done there. The phantom looks brand new again.... as it should :) In other words, they really did put a new shell on, as promised. As for the stickers, they actually replaced mine, and they were even nice enough to send some extra stickers. As for the quality of the work, there was one screw that needed to be adjusted. It was inserted on an angle and resulted in the screw not going in all the way. It protruded out about 1mm as a result, but it took me all of maybe 10 seconds to fix it. Really a non-issue, but just thought I should share for the interest of full disclosure :)

HTH

Very cool! My phantom was flying flawlessly and was really disappointed when I discovered the cracks because I knew I was going to have to send it back. I'm worried about them having to take it apart and then putting it back together and missing something but it looks like they're delivering as promised. :) Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: williamjamesfpv
Very cool! My phantom was flying flawlessly and was really disappointed when I discovered the cracks because I knew I was going to have to send it back. I'm worried about them having to take it apart and then putting it back together and missing something but it looks like they're delivering as promised. :) Thank you for sharing!

Mine was the exact same. Flying fine, and then noticed some cracks. Luckily I do pre-flight checks all the time. I am pretty sure you'll be happy with their service. All the best :)

Reactions: Mario_SB
My p3p as been at Dji Netherlands for 20 days for the shell cracks and I got a courtesy email yesterday from the retailer I returned it to asking to get in touch and let them no how its running. I've sent a email back saying I've not seen it since I gave it to them so good knows were it is hopefully I'll find out today

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl