DJI vision app updated...

dirkclod said:
ViperNuke said:
There seems to be two, maybe three problems here that needs inmediate attention by DJI....

First is to release a firmware update for the Camera in the Standar Vision. That will stop the app from crashing everytime you tilt the camera (up/down) Like they did with the vision+. Second is to release an update for the phanton 2 Vision and Vision+ via Software assistant to enable the new features in the app. Hence the reason why we keep seeing the N/A top right corner.. Untill they do that, the IOS App is useless for us Phanton 2 standar vision owners... or for the new features to work for Vision+ owners... Someone at DJI screwed up and screwed up real bad.. by releasing one before the other...
They said there would be a new firmware for this in the next few days and I did post the email I received from them in here . They did screw up and not sure if they were blowing smoke up my butt but we'll see.
Hope not but I am still waiting for them to get the new improved battery firmware. I was told they were working on it & should have it out shortly. That was before christmas :D

Ok I can't take it anymore. I tried a different laptop. Downloaded renamed the camera software about a hundred times. Followed all the instructions turn it on turn it off. Rename the file etc. still doesn't work. My camera led doesn't flash , I go into about on the app and it shows the old version. Driving me nuts. Camera and all works fine just will not take the new download.

Mori55 said:
Ok I can't take it anymore. I tried a different laptop. Downloaded renamed the camera software about a hundred times. Followed all the instructions turn it on turn it off. Rename the file etc. still doesn't work. My camera led doesn't flash , I go into about on the app and it shows the old version. Driving me nuts. Camera and all works fine just will not take the new download.

the camera update is ONLY for the + version....now sure what kind of bird you're trying to install it on.

I to have the same issue as many w/ Vision, Assist 3.6, Naza 3.08 - worked great w iPhone 1.4.03 app then auto update and no way to roll back.... Every time you touch the gimbal control for camera (FC200, ver 1.19), app crashes on iPhone.

I called DJI and lost 51 minutes of my life for somebody to tell me "new problem to us, we will send instruction to send unit back to us for review"

- Really? First you have heard of this DJI?

The FIRST part of addressing a problem is admitting it DJI. Get real.

Meantime if anybody gets 1.0.46 working on the Vision please let me know.

mad in nc said:
I to have the same issue as many w/ Vision, Assist 3.6, Naza 3.08 - worked great w iPhone 1.4.03 app then auto update and no way to roll back.... Every time you touch the gimbal control for camera (FC200, ver 1.19), app crashes on iPhone.

I called DJI and lost 51 minutes of my life for somebody to tell me "new problem to us, we will send instruction to send unit back to us for review"

- Really? First you have heard of this DJI?

The FIRST part of addressing a problem is admitting it DJI. Get real.

Meantime if anybody gets 1.0.46 working on the Vision please let me know.

Ridiculous. This is why many, including myself, simply do not update firmware until the dust settles. This happens every single time DJI puts out another firmware update, and it's not limited to the Phantom. The difference between the Phantom and the Inspire updates, is they FORCE you to update the Inspire (it literally won't fly if your firmware is more than 3 days out of date) - with the Phantom, you have a choice, and the best choice always to wait and watch what new stupidity has been introduced.

Dealing with DJI tech support for the Phantom is like trying to extract information from a slug. They have zero information flowing between support "techs." One guy is going to tell you to check your horoscope, and the other is going to tell you to send it in for repair (because we we all know, an app crash clearly involves phantom-side hardware). They don't even hire people who can reason on their own; The only technical requirement seems to be that they can read a cheat-sheet, and when there's even a hint of nebulosity, the default answer will be "send it in."

Just had it with the DJI Tech Support. Asking me to send my bird in for repair when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it... The Real problem here, its their stupid New APP not being compatible with the P2V Camera Firmware...

But why do we have to rename files and try figure this **** out ! I don't understand this at all.

Mori55 said:
But why do we have to rename files and try figure this **** out ! I don't understand this at all.
Exactly! If you do not have a degree in computer science, you are screwed :shock:

1st_time_flyer said:
crash1sttime said:
1st_time_flyer said:
would help if you would tell us what kind of bird you did this on....+ or non +

The update is only for the PLUS version of the Phantom Vision, I did look at the download page for the standard vision and there isn't an update just the same 1.19 that's been out for a while.

Not sure why you would need to change the name, I didn't need to on the Vision when I updated that.

ahh I see thanks crash! Just hard to follow what everyone is flying when their referring to updating their bird....so the app was the only updated for our non +s correct?

Sorry for the late reply not been on the laptop for a while, yes it seems its for the Plus owners, no idea why its just for them however i just had the Android version of the app updated, my fault i connected my phone to the internet to cache some maps, i havent had time to fly yet so if anyone else has an android phone with the new app version and it works let me know.

If its crap can someone give me the APK file for the old version or let me know if its on the web somewhere.

Edit

I found the APK file and reinstalled it on the phone and its back to the original version.

where were you able to find the old version of the app? I had someone on here email me their app for iTunes and it says I wasn't authorized to use it because it was linked to their account.....thanks for any help!

I don't see the camera up/down bar (gimbal indicator?) on the right side of the screen? I tried the app on my ipad 3 mini and it was not functioning properly?

R4boat said:
I don't see the camera up/down bar (gimbal indicator?) on the right side of the screen? I tried the app on my ipad 3 mini and it was not functioning properly?

Should be on the left side...

This is what I got back from tech support about the new camera firmware. I installed it because after I updated my Vision app, my camera scroll wheel was not smooth. It was pretty jerky when I would try to raise or lower it. I thought it was needed with the new app but I guess it is not.

Hello Larry ,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Acctually ,it is not necessary to update the camera firmware to 1.3. if your item works well.

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

Best Regards,

DJI Product Application Technical Support

dirkclod said:
This firmware is showing in the V+ downloads but not in the V download page and I just got this back from them and replied to put it there and fix it so ya don't have to change the name of it to load it . Right :lol:

Jan 28, 09:46

Sorry ,I have make a mistake.

Yes ,this is for both vision and vision plus.

But as this is only for the extender feature,it is not recommend to upgrade if your items works well now.

Sorry for my mistake again .

Have a nice day!

DJI Product Application Technical Support

Love it. "Sorry for my mistake"AGAIN

looks like a DJI rep responded to a thread that was started at the DJI forum here is what they said concerning the issue:

"Today new firmware update will be released.
Will fix this problem!"

not holding my breath tho...

1st_time_flyer said:
where were you able to find the old version of the app? I had someone on here email me their app for iTunes and it says I wasn't authorized to use it because it was linked to their account.....thanks for any help!

For the Iphone its different as you cant use an app because its locked to the original downloader, you can however have them send a full copy of the backup file its located in a folder in app data, however this will mean you have access to all the passwords etc on their phone

Been checking in from time to time, guess nothing new for the app. Still crashed, I rolled back to the old one. Sigh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31