DJI vision app updated...

I am going out for a flight today.....I updated the app.....i had a feeling i shouldn't have but I will report back if it crashes or not when i move the camera.....just so you know what I am working with i have a stock Phantom Vision 2 with an iphone 6+ running ios 8.1.2 and the upgraded DJI Vision app. wish me luck!

My app does not crash. I can't find the led signal indicator thing they advertise on this latest update. What I DID notice is that it doesn't seem to update the dynamic home point as my "circle" is always Orange.

Well i just tried using the app in my living room by just connecting to the phantom wifi and tried to move the camera up and down with the app and it DOES in fact crash....what a hunk of ****.....why don't they test these things before they put them out to the public.....doesn't give me very much confidence when updating the firmware on the phantom itself or the transmitter......what a joke......get your **** together DJI.

dirkclod said:
JJM said:
My app does not crash. I can't find the led signal indicator thing they advertise on this latest update. What I DID notice is that it doesn't seem to update the dynamic home point as my "circle" is always Orange.
Look at the first post on page 3 of this and the indicator is where it has NA in the top right.
My circle is orange when I have dhp enabled and it's black when I disable it .

My app shows "N/A" in that spot.

I just went out & tried GS with my iPad mini. With the new update, I do not need to pre load maps. The update will allow me to download the maps while I am connected to phantom. I did not have any crashes but one time I took a photo & as soon as it finished taking raw image, got a notice that wifi extender was 5%. (I had just charged it) I started to bring it in & it jumped back to 100%.

Larry L said:
I just went out & tried GS with my iPad mini. With the new update, I do not need to pre load maps. The update will allow me to download the maps while I am connected to phantom. I did not have any crashes but one time I took a photo & as soon as it finished taking raw image, got a notice that wifi extender was 5%. (I had just charged it) I started to bring it in & it jumped back to 100%.

Mine showed a charge of 20%, went down to 10%, then jumped back up to 20%.

dirkclod said:
Larry L said:
That's strange Larry :? Just sent djisupport an e-mail with what's going on as I am sure they have already received some already and maybe they fix this soon .
Dirk, Yep hopefully . Pretty scary looking down & thinking you are gonna loose connection. Another thing I looked at today was in the find my phantom, I was actually sitting right next to it & the blue dot where I was supposed to be located was several 1000 meters away. It did that the other week so I do not think it has anything to do with update. I closed it down & reopened it & blue dot was no longer showing a different location. Both times I closed it & seemed to fix that. Has any one seen that before?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 354
JJM said:
Larry L said:

We're you flying at 20%?

Larry L said:
JJM said:
Larry L said:

We're you flying at 20%?

Yes. For about 10 minutes.

Well.....I'm sure going to wait with all these crash reports.

I updated, but after reading some of the stories I restored the old version.

I have a rooted android S4, and just reinstalled the app from my backups.

Yes I read about Lew's loss. Not sure if it was the battery or app. But I read you used the new app and not had problems.

Im not saying DJI are innocent, but they design things for 'virgin' Phantoms. A lot of people are modding or adding extras to it and maybe there's just an incompatibilty somewhere. :?

dirkclod said:
Make sure your auto update is off cause it did in my mini and wasn't gonna update it and I didn't....it did :roll:
I did my mini & was going to wait to do my phone. I looked at my phone & it was updated also :(

DOT NOT UPDATE!!

I was lucky enough be flying over land and was able to recover my Phantom 2 Vision from a crash i just had similar to Lew. 100% Charged Battery. Went from 77% to %8 in a matter of seconds. 11 GPS/SATS Locked in, HP set, i tried to tilt down the camera to take a picture of a train passing near by and thats when all hell broke lose.. App crashed, i reopenned the app to RTH and the copter went from 77% to 8 in just seconds and crashed.. Missed hitting the train by a few inches. :eek:

I hope DJI gets a update pronto!

Dirkclod the auto update is in your settings, iTunes and App Store. There is a slide button to turn off or on the auto update, unfortunately both my iPhone and iPad were set to on and already updated. Not flying anytime soon so hope this gets sorted out soon.

Well, I thought that updating the P2V+ camera firmware to 1.3.0 dated 1/16/2015 might fix the crashes but it doesn't. I also cold booted the iPad mini 2 before trying it. So, the app still appears to be broken...

Cyclone said:
how do I restore old version?

nvm I restored old one through itunes I think. If wind would die down I would go check it out

ccase39 said:
Cyclone said:
how do I restore old version?
I'm on a rooted android phone and all my apps are backed up. I just reinstall the app I want.

Dumb question do you have unzip the camera file ? When u try to extract the fes it wants to know what program to use. I change the file name and loaded to the card but it didn't work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4