DJI update alerts?

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is a way to get controller and bird update alerts when they are published? It's a bit annoying to get to the flying field and turn on the radio to find out it needs an update. I'd much rather get that done at home and keep things updated.

Your post sounds like you like to install updates as soon as they are available. Many people here wait a few days or weeks, even people here running stuff that is a year old. The reason for waiting is to make sure the update doesn't have any bugs.

I know I did not answer your specific question, just my 2 cents. You can find out what the latest firmware is on the DJI website. If you're running the android app go to Google Play Store and find the DJI Go app... the version number will be listed. Not sure how iTunes work.

Take Care !!

Last edited:
I always check before I leave the house to fly. Set everything up and see if anything needs updating. Usually I will read something here in this forum discussing a new update.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
You Got It.. Good Idea... Before I knew any better I used think every update was "perfect", and download them right away. I've learned! I'm still on the fence regarding 1.9.60. Sometimes what my Dad said is worth heeding.... "If it ain't broke, don fix it". That said... we're all individuals here, each of us will do our own thing. And that's O.K !!! Good Night, have a good one .... BTW... pretty dog you have there.

When flying commercially under part 107, not having the latest updates installed would be an issue in the event of an accident.
That's the first I am aware of that. Suppose I'm flying commercially with a new update which has a "bug" and I have a fly away with property damage ? Makes no sense to me. I think they should give you a month to make sure there are NO bugs. Unless of course, the new update, corrects a fly away issue with an older version. Just sayin !

That's the first I am aware of that. Suppose I'm flying commercially with a new update which has a "bug" and I have a fly away with property damage ? Makes no sense to me. I think they should give you a month to make sure there are NO bugs. Unless of course, the new update, corrects a fly away issue with an older version. Just sayin !
Haha. I understand but the FAA says that it's the pilot's responsibility to maintain the aircraft up to the manufacturer's standards. Maintenance includes physical and software. In the unfortunate event of an accident, it would be easier to explain that the problem was caused by a manufacturer's defect rather than you being delinquent in your responsibilities for proper maintenance.
I think the idea of checking first at home was good. It's just a few extra minutes before I leave and will save time on the job. My thought was that if DJI sent an email to registered clients that a new update was published, it would provide a nice service to their customers who use their product commercially.

Reactions: lil boss
Awsome Reply... You make MORE sense that I do, that's for sure. Thanks again to you and everyone else ;)

Reactions: Roadking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.