DJI to restrict non-compliant drones at next software update

Why it is bad news? DJI is trying to make everyone compliance with the laws and restrictions in place. I do not see anything wrong with it. They are just following the laws of every country that make business with DJI.

Reactions: Andrew Wright
This is why I use DJI go 2.4.2............ (If I even use it at all...)

Reactions: Twilightdrone
Why it is bad news? DJI is trying to make everyone compliance with the laws and restrictions in place. I do not see anything wrong with it. They are just following the laws of every country that make business with DJI.
We already have laws for the miscreants of society and they are managed by the relative 'keepers of the peace' wherever you happen to live and you are admonished accordingly. In this case, if you don't follow dji's instructions you will be 'punished', most people will be fine with this, others not in a position to do so for whatever reason and others despise having their freedom to chose diminished. We are talking about a relatively expensive hobby that people bought into at face value for their own reasons and expect that that point of sale experience continues. A little bit hysterical you might say but you are certainly aware of data mining?

The app already has access to your mobile telephone logs and data browsing, read the permission.

I think they are about to commit corporate suicide.
I know the bootlickers love cooperation with rules, regulations and what is in most cases "guidance" issued by authority.

Bit make no mistake, Authorities want flying cameras banned, they just happen to be fitted to drones, a 25LB flying model aircraft with petrol tank fitted is fine, it has no HD camera .

They will do this by leading bootlickers by the nose step by step until only one small step exists and by using the fake news media to brew up the stupid general public with fake scare stories and fake drama.

Drone flyers need a hobby lobby and fast, a society, a national club with a fighting fund like hunting, fishing and other pastimes.
Make it hard to be pushed around.

We already have laws for the miscreants of society and they are managed by the relative 'keepers of the peace' wherever you happen to live and you are admonished accordingly. In this case, if you don't follow dji's instructions you will be 'punished', most people will be fine with this, others not in a position to do so for whatever reason and others despise having their freedom to chose diminished. We are talking about a relatively expensive hobby that people bought into at face value for their own reasons and expect that that point of sale experience continues. A little bit hysterical you might say but you are certainly aware of data mining?
I think you are not aware that terrorist in the Middle East are using DJI drones and the restriction is been in place to control the behavior of these animals with their attacks to innocents. This is one way, another way is government restrictions. If you want freedom, don't blame DJI, blame your government for creating restrictions in place. The only thing DJI is trying to do is make their business cooperate with authorities. The main point in here is government controlling our hobby and DJI is just following the rules. Nothing wrong with that at all just lack of freedom from the FAA.

Reactions: Falcon900
I think you are not aware that terrorist in the Middle East are using DJI drones and the restriction is been in place to control the behavior of these animals with their attacks to innocents. This is one way, another way is government restrictions. If you want freedom, don't blame DJI, blame your government for creating restrictions in place. The only thing DJI is trying to do is make their business cooperate with authorities. The main point in here is government controlling our hobby and DJI is just following the rules. Nothing wrong with that at all just lack of freedom from the FAA.
I am fully aware of drones being used in the Middle East along with nerve gas, cluster and barrel bombs, indiscrimate torture and murder and if the so called government(s) involved with the conflict were able to set aside their long term goals, it would have finished years ago.
I digress.
The government is not controlling our hobby with respect to non legislative rulings, they are not asking companies like dji to invoke software mods to manage our hobby, if that was the case my 145 kW superbike would have been knobbled years ago to prevent me from killing myself and adding to the awful road toll that occurs year after year. It's all about perspective and a flying camera is at the bottom of my 'go to' concerns.

You sir are a rogue....... :)
laughs... in the worst way, but also the best if you are on the right side. The common sense way and the regard for others is the right side. I didn't need the govrnment, FCC, or any three letter agencies to tell me which way I need to be pointed. It's not a wonder to be able to tell what needs to be done in life, it may take some thinking to know... but right is right in any language.

I was there in 1992 Los Angeles, within a mile of Florence and Normandie. It was a war zone for sure, and It seems it's coming again. Let us fly with knowledge of the correct things in mind and stave off the deep state a bit longer...

I was there in 1992 Los Angeles, within a mile of Florence and Normandie. It was a war zone for sure, and It seems it's coming again. Let us fly with knowledge of the correct things in mind and stave off the deep state a bit longer...
I remember watching it on TV in Australia and we being the great unwashed convicts, had never seen anything like it, and had no idea of what was going on. Strange days indeed. As for being managed by electronic surveillance, happens all the time, my concerns are losing control over what you can and cannot do and not having the option to opt out unless i remain on the current software/hardware. I fly responsibly and ride my irresponsibly over the top motorbike and can a manage it as an adult.

The point seems to be there are innumarable idiots ruining the hobby for the rest. The point I'm making is I live life not endangering others and dislike having to walk on tippy toes due to the lack of respect of doing what is right some people exhibit causing the whole drone thing to be a drag. Follow the rules is ok, till I'm boxed in from the people that make this issue a thing. I'm not a follow blindly person, I'm a follow the rules in context.

Reactions: stones
What this new change looks like is to limit the flyspace around airports to begin with which seems fine. But knowing how things progress, it'll soon be anywhere "They" deem needed. I fly near airports at times, always looking/regarding planes to keep clear. I'd like to be able to make my decisions as to my safe flights without some agency trying to be "intelligent" for me. Chances are they don't have the capability to know I'm already aware of the dangers and am NOT going to be the "Problem-of the day". Thanks to the people causing concern we will have to endure these new conditions. (with actions that allow safe flight AND fun function)....

Follow the rules is ok, till I'm boxed in from the people that make this issue a thing. I'm not a follow blindly person, I'm a follow the rules in context.
Agree. This gets into the whole 'sheeple' thing for me. I'm an advocate for responsibility on the individual. That and common sense goes a long way.

DJI probably faces pressure from governments all over the world. They make a good product that is very capable. It does not take a lot of skill to operate one of their drones.

So I don't blame them for trying to placate the people in charge. They just want to sell drones in as many countries as possible.

DJI does run the risk of losing customers who don't want to be treated like morons. Competitors are out there.. we have choices where we spend our drone dollars.

If enough people take their drone dollars someplace else DJI will take notice and act accordingly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik