DJI technical "support" fail (controller flashing red light, non-stop beeping).

Reaction score
I purchased a used P4 on eBay. Got it in, and was able to update the firmware through the micro-USB port attached to my computer after two failed attempts with my iPhone running the DJI app. Couldn't update controller firmware via either method (I tried two different iPhone cables thinking one might be bad, no joy with either). I was able to see a video feed from the drone for a moment before it cut out, never to be seen again... although I could take off and land without a device (just through the controller). The controller also flashed red and beeped incessantly from the moment it was turned on until it was turned off... I contacted DJI tech support to see what the deal was, and the guy who 'helped' me said that it was definitely a controller component issue and I'd need to send it back in for service.

As a Hail Mary, I went to Walmart and bought a new iPhone cable... tried it again and everything worked perfectly. No problems updating firmware or issues with video feeds. Apparently both of my previously-tried cables must not have had a tight enough connection, and the new one did. I'm posting this mainly in case someone out there does a search because they're having the same issue and hasn't given this "face-palm" solution a shot yet... I'm just surprised it wasn't one of the first things the DJI tech recommended I do. Seems like it would be rather common, yet I didn't see many threads addressing this issue with the solution I "found".

Reactions: crash1sttime

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20