DJI support issues..ridiculous response time and answers

Maybe because I am in the UK? but I have had my P4 about 6 weeks in that time I have had a couple of crashes. All my own fault, not the quad.
Somewhere during one of the crashes one of the tiny left front leg covers popped off (the small top one) and I hadn't noticed. No point searching where I flew. It is just field after field of grass.

So I contacted DJI via email and asked them if they could give me that part number or sell me one or tell me where I might get one from.

This was on the Wednesday. I had the part in my hand by Saturday. It came from Holland. No charge, not even the postage.

HOWEVER :Despite detailed emails establishing what constitutes the back of a P4 and which leg and which cover, they sent the wrong one.

So I send another email. No instant response like the last time. Awww. How can I ask for another part after they have been so good. They will think me greedy.

They did respond the next day though taking the micky and suggesting I take a photograph of the spot with an arrow pointing so there would be no "mistakes".

This is what I sent them

I got the correct part two days later. Again. No charge.

It may be a one off. I don't know, but it made me happy.

Reactions: clickclickw00t
I had an odd thing happen with DJI. Sent in P3P for repair-they told me to send controller too, in case there was an issue with it. They replaced it with a rebuilt, which was fine with me,
and sent it back in a reasonable time for a reasonable cost-but forgot to send the controller. Upon opening the box, I immediately contacted repair and notified them, said "can't fly drone
without controller, please send me my controller" Then the fun began. They take a picture of the box you send them, so they could clearly see I had sent them a controller....they take a
picture of the box the send out, so they saw they had neglected to SEND my controller. It was clear they made a mistake. Take a guess how many calls, emails, chats and weeks it took
for me to get a controller? First contact "we will get that out immediately". Well, immediately to DJI must mean something differently than it means to me. I eventually bought a controller so I could fly the drone....but after 3.5 weeks, mine finally arrived. Language barriers were just the tip of the iceberg...apparently the fixit place is several blocks from the call center and one doesn't have a clue what the other is doing.

I had an odd thing happen with DJI. Sent in P3P for repair-they told me to send controller too, in case there was an issue with it. They replaced it with a rebuilt, which was fine with me,
and sent it back in a reasonable time for a reasonable cost-but forgot to send the controller. Upon opening the box, I immediately contacted repair and notified them, said "can't fly drone
without controller, please send me my controller" Then the fun began. They take a picture of the box you send them, so they could clearly see I had sent them a controller....they take a
picture of the box the send out, so they saw they had neglected to SEND my controller. It was clear they made a mistake. Take a guess how many calls, emails, chats and weeks it took
for me to get a controller?
How many?

for me to get a controller? First contact "we will get that out immediately". Well, immediately to DJI must mean something differently than it means to me. I eventually bought a controller so I could fly the drone....but after 3.5 weeks, mine finally arrived. Language barriers were just the tip of the iceberg...apparently the fixit place is several blocks from the call center and one doesn't have a clue what the other is doing.
8 to 12 calls

guess how many would of take with autel just 1

Reactions: Michael Sepesy
How many?
I have 10 days into a missing drone and one messed up last flight record..am at 16 emails, 26 phone calls. Still no help or support. Still no clue where its at. Has rained, high winds, stormed 4 days out of those 10 days. If wasn't badly damage, its probably trashed by now.

guess how many would of take with autel just 1
I am still torn between going with Autel or Yuneec. I like the camera with Yuneec. It's just the the Osmo with Dji. But I think it's better. I made a friend with Yuneec. He lives in St. Pete. 40 years in photography. Spent 1 hour on phone with him. As we have all said. Can be problems with any drone. None are perfect. But support matters. It's clear in my case. I have no support. Using my partners p3p and don't like it.

I think the reason DJI is having so many issues is because there are lots of people who have never flown before, now flying this extremely capable drone that isn't exactly perfect yet.

Is any drone perfect? Absolutely not. I've been flying a P2 for 3 years now and I've never had a single crash or accident. I don't take risks and I pre-flight check, observe, and monitor the situation around me at all times. Unfortunately, a lot of people who own drones now do not do that. The result is overflooded tech support and DJI doesn't have the resources to handle it. I fully expect prices to stay where they are or increase, as DJI begins to control more of the market.

That being said if you're okay with a last-generation bird with good tech support over a newest-technology performance drone with limited tech support, that's a personal choice. Either way, be fun and have a safe flight!

I think the reason DJI is having so many issues is because there are lots of people who have never flown before, now flying this extremely capable drone that isn't exactly perfect yet.

Is any drone perfect? Absolutely not. I've been flying a P2 for 3 years now and I've never had a single crash or accident. I don't take risks and I pre-flight check, observe, and monitor the situation around me at all times. Unfortunately, a lot of people who own drones now do not do that. The result is overflooded tech support and DJI doesn't have the resources to handle it. I fully expect prices to stay where they are or increase, as DJI begins to control more of the market.

That being said if you're okay with a last-generation bird with good tech support over a newest-technology performance drone with limited tech support, that's a personal choice. Either way, be fun and have a safe flight!
Dji does is not the only one with the newest technology. Yuneec and Autel is right there. What DJI has, is Marketing and they blew up the market leaving others behind. They went to the Big Box Stores. Mass produced. As time goes on, they are lacking in support and are messing up by not being able to take care of the volume and now relying on out sourcing their support hotline outside of the U.S.. I am a U.S. citizen. Bought the P4 from a U.S. Ditributor. And trust me. If they don't support my business, they will lose business to another manufacturer that will take care of my needs.

Dji does is not the only one with the newest technology. Yuneec and Autel is right there. What DJI has, is Marketing and they blew up the market leaving others behind. They went to the Big Box Stores. Mass produced. As time goes on, they are lacking in support and are messing up by not being able to take care of the volume and now relying on out sourcing their support hotline outside of the U.S.. I am a U.S. citizen. Bought the P4 from a U.S. Ditributor. And trust me. If they don't support my business, they will lose business to another manufacturer that will take care of my needs.
Check this out. So am I kidding about what is goinf on? See my attachment of email from DJI I just now recieved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-27-13-01-13.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-27-13-01-13.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 258
As stated so many times nothing is perfect but myself I have found DJI products to be far, and away preferable to any of the other rtf available. Me I fly just for fun and personnel camera work. No end to the discussion of those that disagree but currently these are the simple facts. DJI is constantly working to provide improve customer service but again nothing will ever be perfect. Have fun, donnie

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic