DJI Satisfaction Survey just received this from me.

Can you imagine taking your car into the dealer you purchased it from to have a brake job and they give you a different car back and tell you that is just the way it is. Wouldn't happen and it should not happen with DJI. They obviously should not be considered a trustworthy company and deserve to fail unless they quickly adopt a culture of good business and service practices. Personally, I don't think their management cares. They sell so many of these thing that why should the care about stepping on a few customers.

Reactions: Lefty63
I sent mine to Dji with 2 remotes one for antenna damage and one new one to fix the drone. They only sent me back the broken controler and kept the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lefty, Have you reached out to blade or Ed Tahoe on the rc forum? I've seen them step up for difficult cases with dji. Worth reaching out to either of them. You really are stuck in a nasty situation. I hope your original bird is still available for you. Good luck.

Copy some of their marketing blurb doubt the different versions.

Worth shoving that up their noses.

Lefty, Have you reached out to blade or Ed Tahoe on the rc forum? I've seen them step up for difficult cases with dji. Worth reaching out to either of them. You really are stuck in a nasty situation. I hope your original bird is still available for you. Good luck.

No, I haven't reached out to anybody yet. I'm still working with DJI. Pretty sure my original P3P is long gone, so I'm open to a W323B at the very least. We'll see what comes back. At that point I will reach out. Thanks for the tip.

I feel your pain for sure. That would suck to get someone elses problem bird instead of the repair you paid for. I hope you can get some resolution for your case. See my post for my tale of woe. :)

People and those stupid "new" motors. They mean nothing!!!!!
I agree with you to an extent, though I think he's just pisses that he isn't getting back his own bird. That I totally understand. But since you brought it up, is there really no difference in the motors, and if that is the case why did they switch them, I'm assuming the new ones are prob worse if they are only doing it to for manufacturing purposes.

I agree with you to an extent, though I think he's just pisses that he isn't getting back his own bird. That I totally understand. But since you brought it up, is there really no difference in the motors, and if that is the case why did they switch them, I'm assuming the new ones are prob worse if they are only doing it to for manufacturing purposes.

The W323 motors are different from the W323A and W323B motors. The original motors were more powerful, and therefore result in 10% less flight time, than the more efficient new motors. One advantage of the original motors is that the W323 aircraft have 20% more video power output than the new motor aircraft, so the old motor birds are better for long range FPV. There is no worse or better until you first prioritize your needs. There are compromises to each, and depending upon whether extended flight times are more important to you than long range FPV, one may be better than the other. I prefer the old motor birds for the long range FPV stability, but I give up the extra 10% longer flight time to get it. When DJI replaced my W323 under warranty in January, I made certain that the replacement aircraft had the same original motors with the stronger FPV signal, instead of a new motor bird. :cool: I can fully relate, except in the opposite way. I wanted my old bird version back, not the last iteration.

Um, what? How has any of that been verified?

Um, what? How has any of that been verified?
You are free to do your own research, but everything above is from the documentation and my own extensive testing, corroborated by the test results of numerous other long range flyers, where the differences between old motor and new motor birds, in terms of flight times and FPV range with P3P battery mods, are readily apparent. If you never fly more than 1-3 miles away and have flight times averaging 15-17 minutes on the internal battery only, you'll never notice the difference. However, if you use external batteries, and regularly fly 3-5+ miles away and have P3P flight times in the 25-30 minute range, you certainly will notice the difference. YMMV. :cool:

Last edited:
People and those stupid "new" motors. They mean nothing!!!!!
I think he meant he just wants the device that he bought and not some old version DJI just shipped him... New motors or old doesn't matter. What matters is that he hasn't received HIS original phantom which he sent to get repaired!

The most recent Phantom (third) is to be received by me on Friday. I will update as to what they sent this time. I was in contact with a DJI rep from another forum who told me I was getting a replacement unit. I understand my original unit may be lost, or sent to someone else. I feel I should get a refund for the repairs I paid for, since they aren't able to return that unit. I will hold out and force them to send me a new unit, as that is what I sent in. A refurbished model is simply not acceptable to me. Instead of dealing with the tech support, who aren't trained in customer service, I will contact the sales dept. It seems odd to me that there isn't a number for a dedicated Customer Service rep.

On June 6th you said He also gave me a UPS 2 Day Air shipping label
On June 8th you said UPDATE: I just received word I'm supposed to get a new replacement.
This morning - June 15th you said The most recent Phantom (third) is to be received by me on Friday.

Today is June 15th. I can't help wonder what the value of a second day shipping label is if DJI isn't shipping the Phantom.

On June 6th you said He also gave me a UPS 2 Day Air shipping label
On June 8th you said UPDATE: I just received word I'm supposed to get a new replacement.
This morning - June 15th you said The most recent Phantom (third) is to be received by me on Friday.

Today is June 15th. I can't help wonder what the value of a second day shipping label is if DJI isn't shipping the Phantom.

They sent the 2 day for the return shipment, only after speaking to a supervisor. I asked for expedited service as a solution to this problem, that they caused. I should have made it clear I wanted 2 day service both ways (The techs just send it back by standard shipping). Clearly DJI people don't talk between depts. I'm getting tired of waiting a week to see what they're sending me each time. Very frustrating since this began in March.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I understand they gave you a second day label.
I presumed you sent it the same day the label was received.

What I meant was - I can't help wonder what the value of a second day shipping label is if DJI isn't shipping the Phantom back the same way - using second day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers