DJI sale - Now on

My retailer had excess of p3a and p3s and limited stock on p3p. Could be they receive less of the p3p though.

P3 4K vs P3 Adv, both for $799? Duh.. Hope potential buyers do their homework and aren't sucked into the 4K. P3 Adv is so much more..

What a punch in the man junk

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Feel totally shafted £699 for a P3 advanced.(DJI.com) I paid £899 a few months back. So DJI are limiting more & more where we can fly and single handily decreasing the residual value of their product. Give it another 6 months and the product will be worthless & unusable. If its a 10 year anniversary sale why don't they allow their existing customer base celebrate it by reducing the price of batteries & accessories also.

Obviously very little thought was given to customers who had made a significant investment prior to their anniversary.

Just bought my my first Phantom after hedging for weeks between the P3P and the P3A... Finally decided to forego the 4K and jumped on the sale for a € 899 P3A plus an extra battery, props guards (training wheels!) monitor hood, and a 100W charger. Looking forward to getting it and learning to fly. And more importantly... getting some footage and images.

Thanks to all who provided so much excellent advice here. I learned a lot during the past month... scouring and lurking on these forums. :D

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Just bought my my first Phantom after hedging for weeks between the P3P and the P3A... Finally decided to forego the 4K and jumped on the sale for a € 899 P3A plus an extra battery, props guards (training wheels!) monitor hood, and a 100W charger. Looking forward to getting it and learning to fly. And more importantly... getting some footage and images.

Thanks to all who provided so much excellent advice here. I learned a lot during the past month... scouring and lurking on these forums. :D

Enjoy they are fantastic

Reactions: byrne68
I cant see DJI, or any entity for that matter, providing detailed reasoning for pricing and marketing strategies and in particuar advance warning of a sale. It might be that they over estimated the demand for supply of units over christmas and are carrying significant stock or they are looking at te market and concerned about losing share (percieved threat from a competitor). Could be many reasons. I hink we all purchased something before christmas which we could get cheaper now. Its annoying but thats just how it is.

As to the restrictions well its likely DJI dont want to feature prominently in the next event where an operator does something with a UAV that reflects negarively on our pursuit.

I cant see DJI, or any entity for that matter, providing detailed reasoning for pricing and marketing strategies and in particuar advance warning of a sale. It might be that they over estimated the demand for supply of units over christmas and are carrying significant stock or they are looking at te market and concerned about losing share (percieved threat from a competitor). Could be many reasons. I hink we all purchased something before christmas which we could get cheaper now. Its annoying but thats just how it is.

As to the restrictions well its likely DJI dont want to feature prominently in the next event where an operator does something with a UAV that reflects negarively on our pursuit.

They don't need to explain their marketing strategy or tactics an offer to their existing customers on accessories might just help with customer loyalty & retention and as we know nowadays thats where companies make their money relationship marketing!!! its quite obvious DJI have a great handle on their customer profile (AB, plenty of money don't mind being shafted) acknowledgement could benefit us all.

They don't need to explain their marketing strategy or tactics an offer to their existing customers on accessories might just help with customer loyalty & retention and as we know nowadays thats where companies make their money relationship marketing!!! its quite obvious DJI have a great handle on their customer profile (AB, plenty of money don't mind being shafted) acknowledgement could benefit us all.
Im not arguing..... i bought in just before the sale also. And im still going to need batteries and other items i cant source from a competitor. Im sure they are bankimg on that and have factored it in (smart battery/aurcraft authentication is a good example of that). They will squeeze as much out of us as the market will allow.

Im not arguing..... i bought in just before the sale also. And im still going to need batteries and other items i cant source from a competitor. Im sure they are bankimg on that and have factored it in (smart battery/aurcraft authentication is a good example of that). They will squeeze as much out of us as the market will allow.

That they will enjoy your Phantom they are fantastic,cheaper accessories would make them so much more fantastic

Feel totally shafted £699 for a P3 advanced.(DJI.com) I paid £899 a few months back. So DJI are limiting more & more where we can fly and single handily decreasing the residual value of their product. Give it another 6 months and the product will be worthless & unusable. If its a 10 year anniversary sale why don't they allow their existing customer base celebrate it by reducing the price of batteries & accessories also.

Obviously very little thought was given to customers who had made a significant investment prior to their anniversary.

This has been going on for years. My first P1 cost £799 in 2013 - no FPV, no camera, no app, nada - just the airframe and the remote. Every year, the technology gets better and the price falls. Just get used to it, cos it ain't going away! :D:D:D

Reactions: Dirty Bird
This has been going on for years. My first P1 cost £799 in 2013 - no FPV, no camera, no app, nada - just the airframe and the remote. Every year, the technology gets better and the price falls. Just get used to it, cos it ain't going away! :D:D:D

Yes, I remember when I bought a sony back projection TV back when they first came out, Now that was expensive. Could now buy a fleet of P3's for what that cost.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj