Dji pilot app on iPad mini

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad mini. I was wondering if anybody knew of a jailbreak tweak that would allow me to download the DJI Pilot app onto my iPad mini. As of now the iPad mini is not natively supported by DJ I pilot app and probably never will. I'm not ready to upgrade my iPad since I just upgraded my Phantom.

Sorry I'm in similar position and will be easy and cheaper to buy a cheap android tablet than by a newer iPad !!!!

i can send you a link to the first dji pilot release that worked on the ipad mini. It will only work on a inspire remote as the P3 needs a newer version

I have a jailbroken iPad mini. I was wondering if anybody knew of a jailbreak tweak that would allow me to download the DJI Pilot app onto my iPad mini. As of now the iPad mini is not natively supported by DJ I pilot app and probably never will. I'm not ready to upgrade my iPad since I just upgraded my Phantom.

I am sure iPad mini has some hardware missing that is required by new P3. I wouldn't recommend risking your drone with this.

The P3 works only on Andriod systems only! No iSO devices is supported yet! That's what the official website shows!

You're joking?
I thought that this was the reason that the P3 is still standing on my table:( I unboxed it yesterday and was eager to get moving - but even after getting "succesful" notification after the update of firmware - I can't connect.
The only action I get is that I can turn the cam on gimble up and down with the remote. No connection to the APP and nothing seems to connect.

(I basically find the "help" from DJI quite poor. Tried to hook up to their online chat help, but this was just all in Chinese:( )

Hope someone can give some pointers. After using P2 in several version I was quite optimistic to move on...

Mine did the same thing do a hard reset on your I pad also go to rc groups under p3 very good forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Hard reset"?? You mean delete the app and reinstall.? Did that already....
Can you send me the to that suggest Group?
Thanks for Your help lmlm

Does anyone know if an iPad WiFi only receives GPS location fron the Phantom 3 so it's location is shown on the map?

iPads with WiFi only don't have a GPS receiver.

Does anyone know if an iPad WiFi only receives GPS location fron the Phantom 3 so it's location is shown on the map?

Correct. You'll know where the bird is, the bird will know where it took off from, but the bird won't know where you are if you moved from the launch point. (Doesn't matter since there's no follow me implemented yet, and RTH returns to where it took off from)

I use my phone as a hotspot and wifi my ipad 3 to the phone so it gets a GPS signal where ever I am easy really

I use my phone as a hotspot and wifi my ipad 3 to the phone so it gets a GPS signal where ever I am easy really

You use an iPad 3 with the phantom? Does it work reasonably well? how is the lag? Im guessing you used the iFunbox workaround?

Correct. You'll know where the bird is, the bird will know where it took off from, but the bird won't know where you are if you moved from the launch point. (Doesn't matter since there's no follow me implemented yet, and RTH returns to where it took off from)
So this controller doesn't have or they haven't implemented yet the choice to choose return to home or return to controller which is controlled by the Lightbridge system ?

You use an iPad 3 with the phantom? Does it work reasonably well? how is the lag? Im guessing you used the iFunbox workaround?

The ipad 3 mini and it works straight out of the box with the pilot app no messing and works mint

Hi all, just bought a P3 (delivery this coming Friday) found an iPad mini cheap (1st gen) - from reading this post, I'm concerned that I won't be able to use the iPad mini first generation?

I'm hoping things have changed since the original post?

It was my thoughts that as long as I have ISO 8, my device would work with the dji pilot app.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks,
Mark.

Sorry it wont work on the 1st gen - The processors not up to it! - I am in the same situation.... If you have the iPad already try to download the app - if you can download it!!

So it's not just about iOS 8, it's a hardware issue?

The first gen iPad mini has the A5 chip.
Isn't that a faster chip than is in the iPhone 5? I thought I read some are using their iPhone 5 with the the pilot app?

Dang, who wants buy an iPad mini...?

Mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31