dji phantom upgrade help

Reaction score
Hello. yesterday i bought some items to upgrade my dji phantom 1. i need some help to see if i miss something.

so... i read a lot, and search a lot of youtube videos, but i could have miss something.

i want to put FPV at my phantom.

the first part is the transmiter:

i bought this:
311s003.jpg

they need some energy to work. i have got a kit like this to use dual battery:
s4wbxd.jpg

and i have 4 batterys "TURNIGY 2200MAH 3S 20C LIPO PACK"
10qe0ba.jpg

i bought too this:
11soy7l.jpg

2qw0nsi.jpg

2s68y0z.jpg

so... my idea is this:
5n9na8.jpg

so....the big question, will this work? or what i have to buy more?

so the second part, the receiver:
epkdpe.jpg

30mobcl.jpg

aua0q1.jpg

and this part, will this work?

the third part, i bought the FPV Flight Controller N1 Mini OSD for DJI Phantom NAZA V1 V2 Lite Remzibi GPS
2vis1le.jpg

i think the correct installation is this:
16kt0fr.jpg

is that correct?

the fourth part, the gimbal, i bought the walkera G-2D brushless gimbal
amd0zc.jpg

i saw this video,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the video is for the dji phantom fc40, i have got the dji phantom 1, but i think its the same the installation...

so i just need to connect the cable to the pitch at the gimbal, and to the f2 at the naza, is that correct?

the fifth part, the camera to the gimbal...
yes, i bought the small camera for the fpv, and i bought the gimbal, the reason is because i have got a gopro hero 4 session, and this camera doesnt have got video out... so... my idea was with the small camara using for fpv, and with the gopro for filming.

i saw the sj cameras, i saw the xiaomi yi for 50€ aprox, but i saw some videos and i think the gopro have got better video quality. but what you think? its better the gopro hero 4 session, or the xiaomi yi? or in the xiaomi yi price range, wich is the better?

to use the gopro hero 4 session at the walkera gimbal, i saw this video:

its a different gimbal, but i think it will work, if i print the case for the gopro
2vwh0na.jpg

so... thats all... sorry for all the words, but i'm just learning, so please... tell me if i say something wrong, what i can buy more, and the best way to do everything i want to install.
thanks

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-1_11-28-11.png
    upload_2018-1-1_11-28-11.png
    448.5 KB · Views: 394
Hello. yesterday i bought some items to upgrade my dji phantom 1. i need some help to see if i miss something.

so... i read a lot, and search a lot of youtube videos, but i could have miss something.

i want to put FPV at my phantom.

the first part is the transmiter:

i bought this:
311s003.jpg

they need some energy to work. i have got a kit like this to use dual battery:
s4wbxd.jpg

and i have 4 batterys "TURNIGY 2200MAH 3S 20C LIPO PACK"
10qe0ba.jpg

i bought too this:
11soy7l.jpg

2qw0nsi.jpg

2s68y0z.jpg

so... my idea is this:
5n9na8.jpg

so....the big question, will this work? or what i have to buy more?

so the second part, the receiver:
epkdpe.jpg

30mobcl.jpg

aua0q1.jpg

and this part, will this work?

the third part, i bought the FPV Flight Controller N1 Mini OSD for DJI Phantom NAZA V1 V2 Lite Remzibi GPS
2vis1le.jpg

i think the correct installation is this:
16kt0fr.jpg

is that correct?

the fourth part, the gimbal, i bought the walkera G-2D brushless gimbal
amd0zc.jpg

i saw this video,
the video is for the dji phantom fc40, i have got the dji phantom 1, but i think its the same the installation...

so i just need to connect the cable to the pitch at the gimbal, and to the f2 at the naza, is that correct?

the fifth part, the camera to the gimbal...
yes, i bought the small camera for the fpv, and i bought the gimbal, the reason is because i have got a gopro hero 4 session, and this camera doesnt have got video out... so... my idea was with the small camara using for fpv, and with the gopro for filming.

i saw the sj cameras, i saw the xiaomi yi for 50€ aprox, but i saw some videos and i think the gopro have got better video quality. but what you think? its better the gopro hero 4 session, or the xiaomi yi? or in the xiaomi yi price range, wich is the better?

to use the gopro hero 4 session at the walkera gimbal, i saw this video:

its a different gimbal, but i think it will work, if i print the case for the gopro
2vwh0na.jpg

so... thats all... sorry for all the words, but i'm just learning, so please... tell me if i say something wrong, what i can buy more, and the best way to do everything i want to install.
thanks

Almost identical to how I did 2 of my FC40's but I did not go with a dual battery setup. I use one 4000MAH multistar battery and I used a dremel to make the opening wider.

upload_2018-1-1_21-53-42.png

how much time you can get with that battery?

wich is the battery with more mah that dji phantom can get?

you have a controller antenna mod, can you explain me that?
thanks

how much time you can get with that battery?

wich is the battery with more mah that dji phantom can get?

you have a controller antenna mod, can you explain me that?
thanks

I normally get around 16 minutes with the multistar 4000 MAH battery.

Multistar High Capacity 4000mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack -------> Will require making the door opening bigger

I do not have a mod for the controller antenna. I have an antenna for the video transmitter only.

I just got my 4000 multistar to fit going to rest it out today. I was getting 11 min with the 2200 and 9 inch props so hopping for 16-20.

I just got my 4000 multistar to fit going to rest it out today. I was getting 11 min with the 2200 and 9 inch props so hopping for 16-20.

You will definitely get at least 16 minutes. As the battery gets older the time will drop slightly but overall it is a lot better than the original battery.

Was able to get 20 minutes after landing the battery went back to 11.4 V just need to get a longer range can get 300 m and then get static.

Was able to get 20 minutes after landing the battery went back to 11.4 V just need to get a longer range can get 300 m and then get static.

I am guessing you are referring to the video feed. How are you powering the video transmitter on the quad?

I am guessing you are referring to the video feed. How are you powering the video transmitter on the quad?
yes the video and yes powered by the quad i feel like i should get more. it was direct line of sight immersion 600mw transmitter fat shark antennas and a low quality receiver monitor combo

yes the video and yes powered by the quad i feel like i should get more. it was direct line of sight immersion 600mw transmitter fat shark antennas and a low quality receiver monitor combo

In congested areas where there is lots on interference the range gets reduced. I've gotten the best range out in the woods where there was nobody or any other signals. You really should get a lot more than 300 meters. Are your Fatshark antennas for 5.8 GHZ signal that you are using? I know it sounds silly but there has to be a reason for the low range. Also, if they are cloverleaf, the 3 leaf antenna is better for the transmitter and 4 leaf better for the receiver. I am using a cloverleaf for the transmitter and directional for the receiver. Thats the best setup so far.

They are cloverleaf and I believe they are four leaf each I just ordered a diversity receiver so that I can install the two different types of internist I was flying around my neighborhood where there a lot of houses with lotta Wi-Fi signals so I’m guessing that could be the reason for the decreased range

They are cloverleaf and I believe they are four leaf each I just ordered a diversity receiver so that I can install the two different types of internist I was flying around my neighborhood where there a lot of houses with lotta Wi-Fi signals so I’m guessing that could be the reason for the decreased range

was looking at this to help

Boscam 2000mw 2W 5.8G 5.8Ghz Long Range FPV Video Transmitter Clover Antenna Set

would like 1k of distance

was looking at this to help

Boscam 2000mw 2W 5.8G 5.8Ghz Long Range FPV Video Transmitter Clover Antenna Set

would like 1k of distance

The best setup for range for me so far has been a cloverleaf on the transmitter and a directional on the receiver. The best directional antenna I have used with the receiver for video does both 2.4 and 5 GHZ. It is small but the range is awesome. I have wasted a lot of money on stuff from all over the place but this is the best one by far. Alfa APA-M25 2.4/5 GHz dual band directional 10 dBi panel antenna - Rokland

Ok I will look into that. Thanks a bunch.
So I move my antenna to the landing gear and was able to fly at 500 m without any disruption was able to turn it around without any disruption and bring it back I could’ve gone farther but it was getting dark so I wanted to make sure I was home

Attachments

• B794ABDF-DB99-4A3A-A6B5-B491D1F13567.jpeg
    B794ABDF-DB99-4A3A-A6B5-B491D1F13567.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 333
So I move my antenna to the landing gear and was able to fly at 500 m without any disruption was able to turn it around without any disruption and bring it back I could’ve gone farther but it was getting dark so I wanted to make sure I was home

Looks like a good setup!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic