DJI Phantom Radio Receiver

Reaction score
I am looking at building a generic TBS clone. I currently have a FC40 and thought I could save a few dollars in the short run by getting a 5.8 radio receiver for the FC40 / Vision for the new quad.

Would the Vision radio receiver work with a Naza-M Lite?

I don't see any reason why not. The receiver uses s-bus which the Naza lite understands.

radioguy said:
Sort on the same subject-I wonder if I can use a Taranis X8R receiver with a Naza V2?

You can use a Taranis with an X8R with a NAZA v2. The X4R will work great too, takes up a bit less space inside a Phantom or other tight spaces.

Check rilot's sig above and you'll see he's using the Taranis with NAZA v2.

Thanks much. Looks like that's the way I'll go, then. I was thinking about canabelizing the guts from my Phantom 1 (controller and receiver) but I'm thinking that might not be possible. (I think the receiver in the 1 may be an integrated unit and not a stand alone unit, but I haven't cracked open my 1 for a long time and can't remember what it looks like).

Fred in Oklahoma City

The P1 has a separate receiver board so that wouldn't be an issue. You should be able to use at least the NAZA controller in your next build.

Do you know exactly which model of the P1 you have?

radioguy said:
No, but I suspect it's quite old by today's standards. I acquired the Phantom 1 sometime in May of 2013.

Now that I think about it, I must have a Phantom version 1.0, which would make sense given when I bought it. I checked and find that the receiver is a tiny pcb you can buy for around $12.00. If what I'm thinking will work, then I could transplant my receiver and Naza, and use my old radio with my new build.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl