DJI Phantom 4 PRO - RANGE TEST

Reaction score
Hi, guys. Check my drone review. Another tests are coming such as range, speed and altitude test with all kinds of drones as well as 4K footage.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruben Fred
Hi, guys. Check my drone review. Another tests are coming such as range, speed and altitude test with all kinds of drones as well as 4K footage.
I think DJI products are reliable enough to go the distance.
I think it's interesting that DJI introduced the risk to line of site at 1400 meters, which is roughly 85% of a mile.
Very generous of them; especially only being a warning, as opposed to, "Who you kidding? You can't see that far! We're returning the AC home." message/action.
The furthest I've gone is a little more than 2.5 miles. I was wearing my goggles. Time and miles fly by in such an immersive experience.
Beautiful country side; too.

I wouldn't take a chance of losing my investment. Lol If I did lose it, my wife wouldn't let me live--------------- It down.
WV check his age, he might not be married , also if that's me, I wouldn't think if my wife will let me live or not.

Last year i flew to 2.5 miles straight no obstacle with P4P using parabolic antennas without any glitch , but i could have flown even further... just decided to come back at 60% batt.

IMG_0209.jpg

26,300ft outbound, landed with 0% battery , the last 500-1000 feet the tank showed empty

The speed record was in Atti mode in 30+ mph winds

Last edited:
My furthest distance was 5.2 miles one way. Turned around came back. Still had 40% battery.

Do you have xtra batteries attached or as a person who has hundreds of long distance flights that’s BS
Not nice to call out a first time poster FA you should have just asked for the data to back it up.
@DLo075 Welcome to the forum but if your going to make that statement please do back it up with proof.

How can you get 5.2 miles when DJI spec says max transmission distance: 4.3 miles for FCC units !? ?

Last edited:
I would fly long range, apart from it being really stupid and illegal. Once beyond VLOS you are a menace to other air users and can no longer justify being called a pilot- someone who puts safety first as a basis for being a responsible operator of an aircraft.

I would fly long range, apart from it being really stupid and illegal. Once beyond VLOS you are a menace to other air users and can no longer justify being called a pilot- someone who puts safety first as a basis for being a responsible operator of an aircraft.
I hope your words are just ignorance for not observing the rules of this forum. Name calling and attacks on a person is not allowed besides being inhospitable. It is a bad way to get a point across and tends to alienate people.

Reactions: dirkclod
Do you have xtra batteries attached or as a person who has hundreds of long distance flights that’s BS
Oops, I meant 2.5 miles and 4% battery. I was new to flying and was scared I wouldn't get it back before running out of juice! I sometimes have dyslexia when typing.

I reached 5 miles with a boosted 4 hawks xr raptor antenna
Oops, I meant 2.5 miles and 4% battery. I was new to flying and was scared I wouldn't get it back before running out of juice! I sometimes have dyslexia when typing.

Not nice to call out a first time poster FA you should have just asked for the data to back it up.
@DLo075 Welcome to the forum but if your going to make that statement please do back it up with proof.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic