DJI Phantom 4 Pro Aircraft Disconnected error

Reaction score
Hello everyone

i have a dji phantom 4 pro that i keep getting aircraft disconnected error on it. It detects the camera and everything i can even move it but no matter what i do i get that error still here is all what i have tried:

1. Reconnecting the controller
2. Updating the firmware on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro
3. Reinstalling the firmware on the controller
4. Downgrading the firmware on the controller
5. Deleting the app
6. Another cable
7. Resetting the controller by c1 c2 and that other button forgot its name

One thing i did notice on the controller is that their is a new update on the dji website but that one does not come up even when i tried to disconnect from wifi to find a new firmware or connected to wifi it does not come up.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

255347382_1554522514918202_335294684091979826_n.jpg
253611737_1297741887363077_2439777258786581531_n.jpg
ooo.PNG

According to the release notes your controller is on the latest firmware.

The newer RC firmware you're referring to is for the build-in screen only (P4P+).

Your issue could be 'cracked solder joints' of the USB-A connector on the RC.
Reflowing the pins on that connector would fix this issue.

To show what I mean, take a look at this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For instructions on how the remove the PCB with the USB-A connector, take a look at this video:

thanks for the reply i am looking for that part but no look would this issue be fixed with a new controller?

hmmmm did you notice that it is not getting a gps signal? could it still be a usb-a port issue
Most likely because the drone is inside where GPS signals are almost non-existant, you can test this by putting the drone outside with a clear 'view' to the sky.
Yes, it could still be a USB-A port issue.

I have the same problem with my Mavic Pro(1) when using it's USB-A port while a tablet is mounted in the RC.
By wiggeling the cable on the RC-side I could confirm this port was the problem. Luckily I was able to find a USB-cable with 2 micro-USB connectors so I can connect the tablet to the micro-usb connector on the side of the RC.
The micro-usb connector on the RC of the P4 however can NOT be used to connect a smart device. It's only function is for updating firmware.

Hate to ask but do you have an sd card installed? If so, take it out. If ‘disconnected’ goes away switch out cards. Sounds stupid but it happens.

Also switch your HD to 5.8 from 2.4. If the 300F remote is linked to the Pro it must be set to 5.8 but the P4 standard links with 2.4.

Last edited:
According to the release notes your controller is on the latest firmware.

The newer RC firmware you're referring to is for the build-in screen only (P4P+).

Your issue could be 'cracked solder joints' of the USB-A connector on the RC.
Reflowing the pins on that connector would fix this issue.

To show what I mean, take a look at this video.

For instructions on how the remove the PCB with the USB-A connector, take a look at this video:
hello i replaced that part with a working one but same issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers