DJI Phantom 3 Professional Video Recording

Reaction score
Okay so ever since I got this drone some years ago, I have always had this problem where if I fly the drone casually, the video that transmits to me is fine... like picture perfect but as soon as I hit the record button and it records, it is like these white frames go from up to down in the recording but on my screen while flying it is totally fine.. I tried playing around with the ISO and Shutter speed and that doesn't work. It won't allow me to attach a video below...

Have look in cam settings to make sure over exposure setting off,,,also try just hold drone while recording and go through different cam settings to see if comes good

Have look in cam settings to make sure over exposure setting off,,,also try just hold drone while recording and go through different cam settings to see if comes good
Yup I tried exactly this and if I could have sent the recording, you would see where I was hovering for some moments going through different settings but nothing worked. I do not think it is the video settings and the firmware is 1.11.30 which is the latest.

If been happening for that long ,maybe ribbon cable been faulty ,is the recorded video clear or all ugly also,,try upload to utube and then share

You see that's the thing.. when I am flying normally, the video quality is perfect but as soon as I land and playback the video, it is all weird..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Um to me that's some sort of over exposure since you got zebra lines,,is your over exposure switch off,
Screenshot_20210907-091707_Google.jpg

As said, definitely some over exposure there but also the constant movement top to bottom is a bit strange.
What settings have you got when you click on the three little bars to the right of "Anti Flicker"? I just found that the EV on my P3A was set to -1.7, making my videos very dark!!

I think this is the chached 720p video from his smartdevice, NOT the recorderd video from the SD-card.
His smartdevice is just not powerfull enough and struggeling.

I think this is the chached 720p video from his smartdevice, NOT the recorderd video from the SD-card.
His smartdevice is just not powerfull enough and struggeling.
You are saying my S21 Ultra is not powerful enough to run an old DJI Go App????????

You are saying my S21 Ultra is not powerful enough to run an old DJI Go App????????
Silly question since you know I don't know what smartdevice you use.

The cached video is transmitted from the drone to the controller and heavily depends on the transmission quality. Then the controller sends it via the USB-cable to the smartdevice.

Last edited:
Does the recorded 4K video on the microSD card show the same artifacts? If not, then it is your device. If the microSD card recording also shows the same artifacts, it's the camera, and time for a drone upgrade!

Have you taken the microSD card out of the drone and plugged it directly into your computer and checked the video/pictures?
AS said, if those pictures are also corrupted then there is a camera issue. If they are good then there is an issue with its transmission to the RC or between RC and your S21.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31