DJI Phantom 3 crash, but why?

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I received my DJI P3 Adv yesterday and flew I think five times in total, everything was okay. When I did my first flight (yesterday) I calibrated the drone. Today I didn't, and I flew on different locations and everything was okay. So, a few hours ago I would go for my 6th flight and when the drone was up to 15ft he did some terrible things. He just flew full power forward and I didn't do anything. He crashed in a little three and after that on the concrete floor. He scratched over the floor like a lunatic. So I run to the drone and grab it firm and he was crazy. He would flew away, so I pulled out the battery. My fingers are still bleeding because the propellors hit my fingers. After a few minutes I saw on the screen at the app and there was a red sign blinking with 'ERROR' on it and some other words. I thougt maybe I put the propellors wrong, but they where good (black-black, silver-silver). So does anybody know what this red blinking error means and why my drone did this insane action? I had some luck, because only the props where damaged.

Do you need to calibrate every time you take you drone for a flight?

I am affraid when I go for my next flight the same thing will happen:(

I'm sorry for my English. I'm from Holland.

Everyone is going to ask for your flight log and a video for this one.
I didnt record the flight because there was not even time for it. When I started the engine I flew to 10-15 feet altitude so that is 1 second. After that he had his free will

Had a few compass errors after take off and the only thing that happens is it flicks into p atti and drifts. How ever back to the crash i can see this thread going the full ten yards.
Again like i said Compass Error.

Really sorry for your bad experience with P3. I have had P3 few weeks with no issues. I just decided to skip the latest update because it caused so much negative feedback.

But it would be interesting to know do you have IOS or Android, and which version? Anyway, this does not sound like a calibration issue ...

Btw, does anybody happen to know ... can the app take full control of the drone? I mean if app try to do something stupid, and I try to correct it manually, are my commands on higher priority? If the app can bypass my commands, it sounds really scary for me ...

And dont worry about yor Dutchness. I'm Finnish ... that's worse :)

Its a Must to calibrate you drone compass every time before flying. I fly everyday from same spot still calibrate everytime before i start my flight. This clearly compass error since you didnt calibrate compass before you fly. Do the checklist before fly everytime you go out there to fly your drone. Lucky you only props damaged.

I only calibrate if I'm more than 75 miles or so from my local area. Both with the P2 and P3.

Really sorry for your bad experience with P3. I have had P3 few weeks with no issues. I just decided to skip the latest update because it caused so much negative feedback.

But it would be interesting to know do you have IOS or Android, and which version? Anyway, this does not sound like a calibration issue ...

Btw, does anybody happen to know ... can the app take full control of the drone? I mean if app try to do something stupid, and I try to correct it manually, are my commands on higher priority? If the app can bypass my commands, it sounds really scary for me ...

And dont worry about yor Dutchness. I'm Finnish ... that's worse :)
Hey, I have Android 5.0.2 (Galaxy S6).

Its all viking language:p

Excuse me, but i dont think it is a compass error. I guess it is more likely to be a "wrong homepoint" problem continued by a "lose of signal between UAV and RC" problem.
Did the Phantom fly towards your last homepoint of your last flight?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.