DJI Phantom 2 Camera upgrade

Reaction score
Hello!
I currently have a DJI Phantom 2 with a gimbal that attaches to my GoPro. With this set up I cannot switch my Go Pro to camera mode in flight to take still images. I've heard that the frequency from the wifi on the GoPro App (on my phone) will interfere with the signal from the remote to my drone.

Is there a different camera set up I can add that will allow me FPV and let me take still photos in flight? Looking for something with high resolution as well. Hopefully I can get something that will work and not have to purchase a newer model drone to do so.

Thanks for the help in advance!!

You can add fpv capability to you P2 and GoPro by adding an fpv transmitter and getting some sort of device to receive and view it. With this set up however, you still won’t have control over the camera while in flight. With the P2 and GoPro combo you need to set the camera to either record video or time lapse and make your flight.
If you want full control over the camera while in flight, you’ll need to upgrade to a P2 Vision at the bare minimum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl