DJI Phantom 2 - battery issues

Reaction score
Good time of the day.
I need n advice.

Bought a DJI phantom 2 with 2 DJI batteries

1. Has 10 cycles on it and about 15 min flight

2. Has 8 cycles on it BUT:

Plug in shows full charge. PC app says 98% life

Plug in to DJI - (firm - clicks in fully)

Start motors and battery dies in less then 1min - cant even take it up in the air.

Just put it to charge after full discharge less then 10% - battery was fully charged in less then 20 min...

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
Are they puffed?

Unless properly stored they have a good chance of being damaged resulting in loss of capacity.

Are they puffed?

Unless properly stored they have a good chance of being damaged resulting in loss of capacity.

Thats what i was thinking.
Battery is not puffed.
I bought it off from kijiji. Cant tell for how long batteries were not in use or how they were stored before.

Question still open.
If anyone knows what could of caused the issue please let me know.

Question still open.
If anyone knows what could of caused the issue please let me know.

Do you know how the previous owner 'treated' the batteries... such as: storage level & length of time at those levels, discharge amounts, temperature of storage, etc.

They were likely not treated properly.

LiPos cannot be rehabilitated. If they have lost capacity then they are toast.

There are tons of articles on proper LiPo use and storage to help you with maintaining your next ones.

Reactions: Unomus
Do you know how the previous owner 'treated' the batteries... such as: storage level & length of time at those levels, discharge amounts, temperature of storage, etc.

They were likely not treated properly.

LiPos cannot be rehabilitated. If they have lost capacity then they are toast.

There are tons of articles on proper LiPo use and storage to help you with maintaining your next ones.

Thank you for response. Unfortunately i have no idea how batteries were stored and maintained before.
I store lipos at 50% charge if not using them.
He might of had them fully charged for a long period of time.
I resided to get new batteries and just scrap this one and hope that second one will hold for some time.
Did a full discharge and full charge on a second one. gives me about 15min from power on till RTH kicks in.
Even tho dont really like this drop of about 30% charge and then in about a min it goes in to RTH mode and i have to override it and land. Battery settings is 20% - to RTH.

Anyways - thank you for your help guys. Since i was a wing pilot for 6 years - now phantom is a new hobby on its own.
Great forum btw.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31