DJI Phantom 2 battery issue

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have strange battery issue
When the battery is fully charged the drone is flying as normal, but when the battery indicator reach two lines(half capacity) the drone start to blink red lights and it start to land it self and I can't rise it, like the battery is too low, but it's not.
I read that the problem can be solved, if I completely discharge the battery, but I tried it and without success

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
I have strange battery issue
When the battery is fully charged the drone is flying as normal, but when the battery indicator reach two lines(half capacity) the drone start to blink red lights and it start to land it self and I can't rise it, like the battery is too low, but it's not.
I read that the problem can be solved, if I completely discharge the battery, but I tried it and without success

Thanks in advance.

In some cases it can be rescued, but mostly the battery is just bad and needs replacing

Use the assistant software to check the cells

Reactions: Kev Bailey
Thanks,
I saw the battery specs, and it turns out that need to be replaced

Attachments

• phantom battery 1.jpg
    phantom battery 1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 505
  • phantom battery 2.jpg
    phantom battery 2.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 423
Thanks,
I saw the battery specs, and it turns out that need to be replaced

The first picture shows a healthy battery, the cells are all within tolerance levels but the second one is well and truly goosed, still try a deep discharge anyway

Can you tell me what you look in the battery specs that you understand the batery status, because for me are the same :D
Just I want to know when the battery is dead

Thanks in advance

You cannot rely on the 3 cells voltages to be absolute as long as all 3 are 4.1v as batteries have parallel pairs. What you should pay attention to is the current levels as the lower the third figure the quicker that battery will drain. If you are not using an FPV system with OSD it's hard to tell when the battery reaches 10.6v and should on the ground at its home point.

Before charging.
Barttery #2 before charging.jpg

After charging
Barttery #2 after charging.jpg

This battery lasted less than three minutes in flight and was over 100 feet in the air at the time. Luckily I was able to land it safely and voltage level was fluctuating between 10.6v and 10.5v. I simply was not paying attention to the OSD reading on my monitor. It's a good practice to check your batteries in the P2 software after charging and before each flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl