DJI Osmo Hands-On: A 4K Cam For Super Steady Video, No Skill Required

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
"From amateur to professional, insane amounts of time and effort are spent trying to achieve smooth and steady video footage. DJI’s new Osmo handheld gimbal and 4K camera is meant to be the easiest and quickest path to gorgeous, silky-smooth shots.

The Osmo, first teased at CES, resembles a cyclops eye mounted above a joystick. The spherical camera on top is the same as that found in the Inspire 1 drone system. With a 90 degree field of view and f/2.8 aperture, it shoots pretty nice 4K video as well as 12 megapixel photos. It’s outfitted with a 3-axis stabilised gimbal, which is powered by brushless motors to automatically compensate for your trembly arms. It really does create a floaty steadicam quality without bulky equipment. The gimbal not only allows steady video, but also has modes for shooting timelapses and automated panoramas."

Read more at... DJI Osmo Hands-On: A 4K Cam For Super Steady Video, No Skill Required

"From amateur to professional, insane amounts of time and effort are spent trying to achieve smooth and steady video footage. DJI’s new Osmo handheld gimbal and 4K camera is meant to be the easiest and quickest path to gorgeous, silky-smooth shots.

The Osmo, first teased at CES, resembles a cyclops eye mounted above a joystick. The spherical camera on top is the same as that found in the Inspire 1 drone system. With a 90 degree field of view and f/2.8 aperture, it shoots pretty nice 4K video as well as 12 megapixel photos. It’s outfitted with a 3-axis stabilised gimbal, which is powered by brushless motors to automatically compensate for your trembly arms. It really does create a floaty steadicam quality without bulky equipment. The gimbal not only allows steady video, but also has modes for shooting timelapses and automated panoramas."

Read more at... DJI Osmo Hands-On: A 4K Cam For Super Steady Video, No Skill Required
For me, the deal breaker using Osmomis the need to repeatedly link it to my iPhone to use. I need a camera I can push a button, have it turn on,many be able to use it. Turning it on and then linking it before using it works if you're shooting a movie,,but for everyday use,mite a deal breaker.

I received my Osmo this morning and am loving it. IMHO, linking it to the iPhone is the deal maker, you can control virtually ANY shooting modes be it video or still photography right from the screen, and (just like my P3P you see what it sees. I have a high end Sony A7 mirrorless and this thing takes photos that you can't really tell apart. The video stabilization is extraordinary, as one would come to expect from any of DJI's gimbals.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik