DJI needs a phantom for life plan

Reaction score
As now we our use to iPhones and now able to just trade your iPhones in for a free upgrade, maybe DJI can pick this up for the phantom lines haha :)

Just seems like by the time you get use to all the functionality of the phantom and it's the best one yet...6mo they release something new at it has all the best technology. It sucks spending that much money and 6mo it's only 2nd best now and you'll have to spend another $1500 to have the best.

I will keep my P4 as it does everything I need it to do and wait for a bigger change than the P4P

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes as you say "It sucks", but we all want continuous innovation.
I assume you were happy with your P4, as am I,and as you say does all I want from it.
Think I will stop here, and summarise,.Yes I agree with you.

No doubt, it's an expensive hobby to keep flying drones. We should fix our budgets and see what we can buy every year or every alternate year.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
I would hope/think the resale market allows some % to be captured back to then upgrade. I understand the wear and tear and risk of any damage on a used drone but getting something back when you sell to put towards a new one is better than nothing.

How is the resale market?

Yes I would be nice if DJI had an upgrade program and I would love to have the Pro, but I will wait for next year and see what the next version (5?) has before I pull the trigger on a new drone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have seen resale as low as $700 on P4 now on other sites. I'm not that desperate for a P4P that I see little differences between the two.

Where do you get to trade in your iPhone for a free upgrade?

I'm with Sprint and they call it IPhone for life
Every release of new phone you just trades yours in and they give you new released one. I think Verizon has the same thing too.
My point by using that example is I do like to stay current and have what ever is the latest and greatest but don't have $3,000 a year to spend. That's if they continue to release 2 phantom a year at $1499 each
Just thought if they had a program like that I would be on board to give my P4 up for a P4P :)

I'm with Sprint and they call it IPhone for life
Every release of new phone you just trades yours in and they give you new released one. I think Verizon has the same thing too.
So, you're proposing that DJI could institute an installment payment plan?

Nah, the analogy isn't even close. Certainly you aren't getting a "free upgrade" for your iPhone... you're just paying for it in installments. Furthermore, the deal isn't from Apple, it's from the phone carrier and the reason they do that is to sell you their real product, and that's airtime, not any particular phone or other item of hardware.

Lol
It's was more wishful than anything.
I'm sure if they had a program of trading in your old one for a new one more people be on board.

I don't buy a new car every year because the one I have does a good job and so does my P4.
Now that being said a mavic and a P4P would be nice in my garage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20