Dji nd filters

Reaction score
Does anyone here in the forum have experience with dji nd filters? The most commonly referred nd filters here in the forum is the polar pro I think. Any suggestions? I want good optical quality. Thanks!

I am using the 6 filter polar pro set and am impressed with their quality. The threads fit nicely and I like that vs using gels, and the glass is of very nice quality. Plus they are very light vs some other options so no counterweight needed on the gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks a lot. I was just wondering why not take an nd filter from dji... They made the optics in the p3 cameras in the first place. Why consider buying from third party? (Besides the cp which I haven't seen any from dji)

Can't argue with your logic on that statement and I feel the same way. Having said that and at the same time, I also realize there are people, companies and developers out there for just about anything who's sole focus is on taking a small part of another's product and spending more time and r & d on just that to improve it. Not that I agree with that - and I'm usually very loyal to those who are the original OEM.

Considering the price of em - and if we are serious with regard to photography and vids - it's worth taking a look at some 3rd party filters and lenses.

Reactions: stoneyb245
I sent an email regarding this subject to what a lot of users feel are the most popular and best as to same and received this reply.............hope it helps you out.

Hello Bob,
If you have read the forum, you should know that we are not a shop, but a user like you who wanted a filter set that matches our requirements to get the best video out of the Phantom 3 pro/adv.
We did this job, following our first experience with the Inspire1, with pleasure and non-commercial.
On our video we explained how to balance the gimbal, but since then, a lot of users did it better: The professional filter set for the Phantom 3 | Page 13 | DJI Phantom Forum

This said, here is what we made:

What you see, you will get. We also will deliver 4 x 10 gr and 4 x 5 gr counterweights. We changed our weights for zinc because of environment and magnetic reasons. Please use them to protect your gimbal motors.
All filters are of multicoated glass.
The slim filters have 1 gr. Barrel 6 gr. O-ring 1 gr. Polarizer 8 gr. Barrel + polarizer 14 gr.

Please install the filters and counterweights as shown on the video:
We do not take any responsibility for the gimbal motors.
PRICE:
USD 84 for the complete set. Fast shipping is at USD 25 for countries quoted at maximum DHL-level 7 (mostly all) and no remote places. We normally ship with DHL or TNT, depending of your country and region.
TO ORDER:
please make a Paypal payment at paypal account: [email protected] China for USD 109
paypal fee is up to you
TAKE ATTENTION to add in the notes your telephone number and be sure your Paypal address is your correct shipment address. We can not write way bill without telephone number of the contact person.
We ship once/twice a week.
To be clear: we are “not” a shop, but proud to dispatch our invention around the world at our cost-price.
== Take your time to think about the right mix for your shot ! ==
Thanks for your interest and we wish you all the best experiences with this unique filters and safe flights.
Best regards,
Aileen & Renaat

Last edited:
I have about 7 filters including several polar pro filters.

My single favorite is the snake river ND16/CP. Cuts the light on sunny daylight so you can reduce the shutter speed. Nice circular polarizer which reduces glare and make the sky a great color blue

Can't argue with your logic on that statement and I feel the same way. Having said that and at the same time, I also realize there are people, companies and developers out there for just about anything who's sole focus is on taking a small part of another's product and spending more time and r & d on just that to improve it. Not that I agree with that - and I'm usually very loyal to those who are the original OEM.

Considering the price of em - and if we are serious with regard to photography and vids - it's worth taking a look at some 3rd party filters and lenses.
Very helpful. Thanks. I just don't want to mess up with counterweights etc...

I have about 7 filters including several polar pro filters.

My single favorite is the snake river ND16/CP. Cuts the light on sunny daylight so you can reduce the shutter speed. Nice circular polarizer which reduces glare and make the sky a great color blue
Hi Jimerb. Have you made any comparison between srp and polar pro at the nd16 cp?

I'm going to order the SRP P3 Series Graduated ND16-8 Filter and Neutral Density 8 Filter. Over the weekend I was watching Frederick Hagan YouTube channel. I like what he was showing using them. Plus he has great tutorial on color correction and color grading.

Reactions: King
Hi Jimerb. Have you made any comparison between srp and polar pro at the nd16 cp?
I have a polar pro nd16 without polarization and the snake river nd16/cp (w polarization) and I like the snake river better. In fact I leave the snake river on my phantom about 85% of the time.

I've used the SRP ND/CP filters and now have the new polar pro cinema series ND/Pol filters. They are pretty close in quality to SRP, but still have to give the nod to SRP in terms of impact to final video image.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl