DJI Mavic Mini Released!

Ordered one for fun. Holiday travel. Will take a phantom also and see which one I use most.
You may be surprised at how much you use the mini. I have a P3S and a Spark and although I use both a lot, I use the Spark more often than I thought I would. The Spark being small and light, I take everywhere. It’s easy and fast to get airborne, and easy to take along with my DSLR in the same small backpack.

The only downside to the Spark is that in sub-zero (Celsius) weather the gimbal pitch often does not work as well. It sticks or does not pitch the whole range. It will be interesting to see if the same problem exists on the mini. If you live in an area where it rarely gets below zero Celsius in winter then you have nothing to worry about with the mini.

Chris

I procrastinated a month too long on the skydio. I'm thinking that these might make great Christmas presents for the great-grandkids. A couple of them are 2 and already a whiz at phone games. Figure with the shields on, it just might work. Youngest pilots on the Forum? They can't text, talk much, and poop their pants, but it's all good. ? just wonder how it handled bumps and bruises.
Oh, that's too young an age for a drone like that. They would absolutely have a blast with one like this. It even has obstacle avoidance. You can fly it inside with just putting your hand or bady in its path to change directions. I've suggested them to some adults who even like them. RC Quadcopter, Helifar H803 Mini Drone With Infrared Collision Avoidance, Altitude Hold, Headless mode, One Key Landing/Up/Left, Throw and Go, RC Drone for Kids Beginners - Walmart.com

Reactions: kim garvin
Oh great, a toy drone where people think rules and safety don't apply to them. So good for the drone community!

Question I read on drone nerds something about the size is under FAA rules so no license is needed does that mean you can also sell photos with the part 107 that you capture on this one compared to the other ones?

Scored the fly more combo for $120 off RRP, I think thats good enough to justify a 2nd drone that bypasses my countries' new laws coming in RE: drones above 250g. Smart move indeed by DJI. heavily targeted towards kids, females and everyday enthusiasts.

RoOSTA

On the watch list but bit pricey in this country as usual cheapest I find was 599 Australian $$$$
Screenshot_20191113-175913_Chrome.jpg

The only advantage I can see with this 'mini' is - if in actual flight config with battery on board - gets under the 250gr ....

Other than that - whats point of a small lightweight machine that stability in flight is going to be a large factor.

Question I read on drone nerds something about the size is under FAA rules so no license is needed does that mean you can also sell photos with the part 107 that you capture on this one compared to the other ones?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well it's got brushless motors and the mavic air is very stable, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is way better than all the other lightweight drones on the market stability-wise.
The only advantage I can see with this 'mini' is - if in actual flight config with battery on board - gets under the 250gr ....

Other than that - whats point of a small lightweight machine that stability in flight is going to be a large factor.

Well it's got brushless motors and the mavic air is very stable, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is way better than all the other lightweight drones on the market stability-wise.

I hope so given its about 2x the price of others ...

Reactions: Weston Ney

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31