DJI Mavic Mini Released!

ryantrax

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Well the worst kept DJI release is finally available, the new Mavic Mini comes in at $399 US, see the release HERE
mm5.jpg
mm6.jpg
mm7.jpg
mm8.jpg
mm9.png
mm10.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Tempting, but I’m gonna wait for some real owner reviews. Wouldn’t know what to do after flying only phantoms. I didn’t see any flight times listed? It sure is cute.

Reactions: IslaJim and sdileon
Tempting, but I’m gonna wait for some real owner reviews. Wouldn’t know what to do after flying only phantoms. I didn’t see any flight times listed? It sure is cute.
Flight time is 30 minutes. I've got mine ordered, I'll report back when I have some stick time.

Wow. Didn’t expect that much flight times. That’s going to be a winner for Christmas. Look forward to your review.

I assume you got the fly more combo. +$100

Last edited:
Wow. Didn’t expect that much flight times. That’s going to be a winner for Christmas. Look forward to your review.

I did not, I don't expect to be flying this one a lot, got it mostly for modeling for strobe mount and accessory design. But you better believe I'll put it through its paces.

Reactions: Capt KO
What does availability look like? Some things don't actually become in hand until way after the announcement. DJI does not have a strong history in this regard. Maybe that's why they released that totally useless video that doesn't actually show the item long enough to see it, but concentrates on a bunch of giddy teenagers acting cool. In fact, I've seen no actual pics of any value from DJI.

• Haha
Reactions: sdileon and Capt KO
What does availability look like? Some things don't actually become in hand until way after the announcement. DJI does not have a strong history in this regard.
When I purchased right after at the release it said 7-10 days. Now it says 10-15 days until it's shipped. We will have to wait and see I guess.

I just preordered a Skydio 2 today but won't get here until June probably. Two weeks doesn't sound too bad.

I procrastinated a month too long on the skydio. I'm thinking that these might make great Christmas presents for the great-grandkids. A couple of them are 2 and already a whiz at phone games. Figure with the shields on, it just might work. Youngest pilots on the Forum? They can't text, talk much, and poop their pants, but it's all good. ? just wonder how it handled bumps and bruises.

This looks good. Excellent flight time, camera, and basically all the same functionality of a P3 but under 250 grams and not subject to any regulations in Canada.
I'm very tempted...

Reactions: captainmilehigh
the flight time is theoretically supposed to be more because they are using a 2s lipo in a drone that is extremely light, so it should get more flight time. But it will also get chucked around in the wind like a feather so that's a problem where I live. Also with the quality options it seems like a replacement for the Phantom 3 standard in my opinion. I use the Phantom 3 standard for a long time, it was a great beginner drone, but I have moved on to the Phantom 4, confirm the Phantom 4 I will probably move on to the mavic 2, so I see absolutely no need in buying one of these for myself, but I would suggest it's two beginners because of the price points and small size, if it crashes there's not as much weight behind it, so possibly that means it will be more durable, also it can't go as fast, so I think it will be more durable for the same reason that a toy car is much harder to break in a real car because of the weight and size. Just my opinion, we will have to see. It also looks like a good gift to give to kids, and it will be a toy style drone that can be given to kids that will actually shoot pretty decent video! I think it's a good move by DJI, but it's by no means going to be my daily flyer.

Seems to be more of a toy then anything else. I wonder why DJI would head in this direction vs putting out a more capable pro/semi pro Phantom or similar.

You have the high end Inspire, the Mobile/Hobbyist Maverick, the low end Spark, but nothing for the semi-pro market.

Going for the low end, where competition is fierce, doesn’t seem to make sense.

Reactions: UpNorthTCMI
It looks like a very impressive piece of tech. It is available in a base and combo pack. I did a video about the specs here;

AWESOME!! I TOTALLY WANT ONE.. except no collision sensors in the front.. thats a big let down.. anyone know the range??

Last edited:
Unless you absolutely need 4K, it is far more than a toy. For traveling, and flying in places where there are people who may be scared by a full size drone it will be wonderful.

Additionally, it is possible that geofencing is not demanded due to it’s low weight. The controller software is brand new. I am waiting for someone to report on that. It may be also possible that flights over people and vehicles may not be restricted. VLOS?

Reactions: IslaJim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z