DJI Lost power during flight?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever lost power of their Phantom2 non vision during mid flight, like the thing is hovering and just shuts itself off? Curious as to what might have caused this problem I just got this thing 2 weeks ago. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

davisjoyce said:
Has anyone ever lost power of their Phantom2 non vision during mid flight, like the thing is hovering and just shuts itself off? Curious as to what might have caused this problem I just got this thing 2 weeks ago. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have never heard of that happening.
You weren't holding the down button?
The low battery lights weren't flashing?

Yes, it's happened to a handful of people. Do you have video of it happening? Please post it up if you do. If it did indeed shut down and you had damage as a result, you should be able to get it fixed or replaced.

Happened to me. Mine has been flown successfully for a number of flights on either of two batteries. After a lot of phone calls and experiments, it was not a battery problem at all. The MC - main controller - uses a barometric pressure sensor in the MC (NAZA flight controller) to control altitude during hover. It is not controlled by GPS. I replaced the MC and test flew it today - just let it hover until battery reached critical warning level. Seemed to solve the problem. I hope this helps someone else. Sure was a PITA for me to ID the problem. Kudos to Jesse at Atlanta Hobby for identifying the problem. Kudos to Damon and Florida UAV for having the part and for shipping quickly the day before Independence Day late in the PM. Got it today and tried it out.

Now to see if I can get warranty on the bad one.

JG

zinkracer said:
Happened to me. Mine has been flown successfully for a number of flights on either of two batteries. After a lot of phone calls and experiments, it was not a battery problem at all. The MC - main controller - uses a barometric pressure sensor in the MC (NAZA flight controller) to control altitude during hover. It is not controlled by GPS. I replaced the MC and test flew it today - just let it hover until battery reached critical warning level. Seemed to solve the problem. I hope this helps someone else. Sure was a PITA for me to ID the problem. Kudos to Jesse at Atlanta Hobby for identifying the problem. Kudos to Damon and Florida UAV for having the part and for shipping quickly the day before Independence Day late in the PM. Got it today and tried it out.

JG

I'm taking mine to the shop to see if this is what will fix mine too. My P2 has fallen twice, and both with a full camera rig in place. Luckily, no damage to the camera thanks to a landing gear (training wheels) setup I have on. Basically, it starts to slowly lose altitude on its own, regardless of how I'm in full left stick up to counteract it. The slow loss of altitude begins to be a quick loss and it just drops like a rock, with the props still spinning (so it's not a complete loss of power). I've cased her until I can figure this out. Nothing like watching an investment this big just fall out of the sky. :eek:

I confess I'm not clear on this. It was flying fine until it powered off during flight once, you replaced the FC and that "fixed" the "problem" because the very next time you flew it didn't power off during flight? Maybe I'm not understanding what happened. I think of a "problem" as something that happens repeatedly.

zinkracer said:

JG

My problem occurred twice, both with successful mishap free flights in between. That's what is so frustrating with my issue, it's completely unpredictable!

Well, I thought it was fixed and it is NOT. Today I flew it again and it stayed up and flew nornally for about 4 - 5 mins. I did not time it accurately but not more than 5 mins. Battery condition was fine on the OSD display. So, I have no idea what is happening. I'm going to be forced now to send it back to a dealer for repair. I'll try to post something here once it is fixed.

Sorry.

JG

Definitely a crappy problem, although I would not call a Phantom an investment. I've yet to see one increase in value.

socalquadflyer said:
zinkracer said:

JG

I'm taking mine to the shop to see if this is what will fix mine too. My P2 has fallen twice, and both with a full camera rig in place. Luckily, no damage to the camera thanks to a landing gear (training wheels) setup I have on. Basically, it starts to slowly lose altitude on its own, regardless of how I'm in full left stick up to counteract it. The slow loss of altitude begins to be a quick loss and it just drops like a rock, with the props still spinning (so it's not a complete loss of power). I've cased her until I can figure this out. Nothing like watching an investment this big just fall out of the sky. :eek:

ianwood said:
Yes, it's happened to a handful of people. Do you have video of it happening? Please post it up if you do. If it did indeed shut down and you had damage as a result, you should be able to get it fixed or replaced.

No I stopped flying it in my neighborhood with the camera on due to some neighbors being sketchy about the whole thing. I only had the thing for 12 days so I was able to return the kit back to B&H for a replacement.

Interesting....

My Phantom went crashing straight down today when moving slowly forward.
This was NOT a pilot error at all.

The strange part is that both my flytrex logg ( http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... und-48645/ ) and my GoPro material ( http://youtu.be/H5MauhY2lMM ) seams to have been shut down just before everything went black.

My Phantom dropped from the sky from about 35m (flytrex says 70m because takeoff is 35m above sea level) without me doing anything weird.
I have been flying this setup quite a lot last couple of days with no error at all, until now. Does anyone know who I should contact in this matter? Is there anything I can do to figure out what actually got wrong. Since everything went black (both flytrex and GoPro) I don't think it was a prop/motor failure, because then this should have been recorded as well.

What are your thoughts?
All the help is very appreciated!

// Engan

I purchased my phantom a couple of weeks ago and have flown probably 35 successful flights with it. However on July 3rd I was hovering the aircraft approx 40 ft altitude and it powered down. All motors stopped spinning, the phantom inverted and fell to the pavement. It may be a total loss I'm not sure, the naza has some busted plastic on it so I'm not sure how much was done there. The receiver and main board are both damaged. My H3-3D is completely destroyed. The body is also busted. I sent an email to DJI but have not received a response.

Is this situation similar to any of yours?

I have experienced inumerous issues after I have updated my phantom 2 (wish I have never seen the uptade button) The most recent one is this, its loses power after a few seconds in air (battery fully charged), wont go up even when I command it to! Almost land in a river today! Here is my opinion: this device is crap! i have been on foruns for a few days for many diferent problems, it start showing those after 3 days of use, and here I am again, with a brand new Phantom with a brand new issue!
sorry for my poor english!

It hapend to me, the battery is causing this failure, even fully charged it thinks is in a critical level, you must go to the app and deselect the option Go-home on djiassistent/advanced/battery. It works for me

I had the same problem. Phantom 3 Pro. After maybe 2 minutes of flight it just powered off and dropped out of the sky. My android phone DJIGO app then said something like "update complete" or something like that.. I had not initiated any updates. I've sent in the flight logs to support for warranty ... pending review....

I had the same problem. Phantom 3 Pro. After maybe 2 minutes of flight it just powered off and dropped out of the sky. My android phone DJIGO app then said something like "update complete" or something like that.. I had not initiated any updates. I've sent in the flight logs to support for warranty ... pending review....

Right school wrong class room!

Reactions: Pilot-Werx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl