DJI Lightbridge

Sixfeet said:
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a vision 2+ and i also decided to purchase the 2.4G Full HD Digital Video Downlink from another supplier. Has anyone read any where that it is confirmed the 2 are compatible? I read one article stating it should be but finding little info as of yet.

Sixfeet you might want to follow this thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142870

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

The Vision+ does not output true HD video to the Lightbridge, therefore, you are paying $1600 for a SD FPV system that...YOU GET FOR FREE WITH THE VISION+. Just a huge waste of money.

The H3-3D and H3-2D Gimbal mounted to a Phantom 2 IS COMPATIBLE with and takes full advantage of the Lightbridge. Why? Because the GoPro Camera placed inside in the gimbal has FULL 1080p HDMI OUT that goes directly to the Lightbridge via a thin HDMI cable.

This was confirmed by two DJI reps at the NAB show in Las Vegas earlier this week. They both said it was confusing that DJI placed a Lightbridge on the Vision as well.

varmint said:
Scottrod said:
Kinda frustrating. 1080P FPV is pretty much the only additional feature that I wish the Plus had...

DEC 1st, 2014
DJI International Announces Phantom 2 Vision ++
Features Include:
  • 1080P camera
  • iPad Ground Station support
  • Green sticker set in addition to previous red, blue and pink

I think you meant to say 1080P FPV. It already has 1080P. ;-)

Adam said:
The Vision+ does not output true HD video to the Lightbridge, therefore, you are paying $1600 for a SD FPV system that...YOU GET FOR FREE WITH THE VISION+. Just a huge waste of money.

The H3-3D and H3-2D Gimbal mounted to a Phantom 2 IS COMPATIBLE with and takes full advantage of the Lightbridge. Why? Because the GoPro Camera placed inside in the gimbal has FULL 1080p HDMI OUT that goes directly to the Lightbridge via a thin HDMI cable.

This was confirmed by two DJI reps at the NAB show in Las Vegas earlier this week. They both said it was confusing that DJI placed a Lightbridge on the Vision as well.

Even if it doesn't output HD video, wouldn't it still increase the FPV distance to over a mile away?

YeeaaBoii said:
Adam said:

Even if it doesn't output HD video, wouldn't it still increase the FPV distance to over a mile away?

Yes, but you could also do that with a simple antenna mod on the stock FPV system. I am genuinely hoping the offer Lightbridge or a similar system for the vision+

I think the point here is that no matter what you do with the plus it will still only give you decent FPV quality on a 5" screen no matter what you use to look at it, so by using the lightbridge you can get the same HD output on a much larger screen......or am I mistaken here ??

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj