DJI has Updated P3P and P3A with New Type Motors and MCB

Reaction score
I just received notification that the new production P3P's and P3A's will have different motors and a new central PCB.

So to all the nay say'ers who claim there aren't any problems in the A Models, please read below and explain to me why the changes.

Apparently this change was made awhile ago.

Compatibility Notice

The latest version of the Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced has an updated central board and new motors. Please follow the instructions below when replacing these components.

DO NOT install the new 2312A motors (Part NO. 94 & 95) onto a Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced aircraft with the old central board (Part. Likewise, DO NOT install the old 2312 motors onto a Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced aircraft with the new central board (Part NO 96). Doing so will likely damage aircraft.

95f78d58-c3cd-4e36-baea-fd96918d1c37.jpg

16927494-4285-4769-a908-e52121b63561.jpg

0867e842-54c0-45e0-b0c0-7bc19830c2fa.jpg

their claim is was more of a mass production thing than an issue, not sure how confident i am on that response, but thats what they are saying. This upgrade is pretty expensive i believe the board is $399 and motors are about $20 each.

Are these the same new motors that came out in early August or did they do yet another upgrade?

Yes .. this is the new motors etc that were released a couple of months ago.
Not so much an upgrade as simply the current production version.

Not what I have been told. But I know if I were DJI that is what I would say too. It looks to me like they added that skirt on the bottom of the new motors to dissipate some of the heat into the air rather than into the plastic where the motor mounts. Maybe that will slow down or eliminate the cracks that have developed in that area on many P3's. Now with the cooler months ahead probably not as big an issue, but at the first sign of any crack I would contact DJI and request they be changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickyb
I just received notification that the new production P3P's and P3A's will have different motors and a new central PCB.

So to all the nay say'ers who claim there aren't any problems in the A Models, please read below and explain to me why the changes.

Apparently this change was made awhile ago.

Compatibility Notice

The latest version of the Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced has an updated central board and new motors. Please follow the instructions below when replacing these components.

DO NOT install the new 2312A motors (Part NO. 94 & 95) onto a Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced aircraft with the old central board (Part. Likewise, DO NOT install the old 2312 motors onto a Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced aircraft with the new central board (Part NO 96). Doing so will likely damage aircraft.

95f78d58-c3cd-4e36-baea-fd96918d1c37.jpg

16927494-4285-4769-a908-e52121b63561.jpg

0867e842-54c0-45e0-b0c0-7bc19830c2fa.jpg
Isn't this like old news by now?
There are threads about this going back a good while.

There are threads about this going back a good while.

Yep, that's why I stated that it apparently started some time ago. I thought it might be nice to have the pictures to help identify what is in your P3.

Just to confirm, the ones with the flat base are the upgraded ones, right?

Yes, the ones pictured on the right hand side. It looks like they have added that skirt at the bottom to act as a heat sink to stop some of the heat from affecting the plastic mounts. Maybe it will prevent excessive heat buildup that may be contributing as to why some P3's are developing cracks near the motor mounts.

Last edited:
One of the things that surprised me about my P3 is just how hot the motors get compared to my P2.

But at the same time, there's hardly any reports of motor failures. There's some, but it's hardly alarming.

Reactions: Thomas Edwards
Thanks for the input, i found that i do have the ones on the right, with the flat base. I purchased my P3A Sep 28th, i suppose they had already rolled out the new motors by then.
As far as heat, i do not notice any heat build up @ all after 2 full flights, one after another consecutively, staying within recommended battery limits per the threads i read. I suppose it has something to do with the newer motors & board i have?

Last edited:
Yeh looks like advance p3 adv are shipping with the new motors. I have not come across anyone claiming to have a p3 pro with the new motors.

Last edited:
So dji dropped the "E" for "A". As in 2312A. I wonder what's different.

I have noticed a massive difference in heat to the touch when compared to my old advanced. Heat is right on par with phantom 2 or even lower. Very quiet on start-up. Batteries at the end of my flights, all full power, full speed, high altitude long distance without many stops, come out barely warm to the touch and are pretty much ready to charge instantly or in about 3 minutes. Very different from my previous phantom 3. Shell has thicker ribbing at the motor mounts and additional X bracing. Flight times are longer but I've noticed no difference in forward speed. So if there is a difference, not substantial enough to notice. Heat reduction is obvious by comparison. Right now I've got a two week old advanced with the new motors and a four flight old, July delivery advanced on the old motors. I'm selling the old motors one to a friend since I'm not missing the battery cool down periods before charging. I like the new one more.

So how can you check if you have the new or old motors? in the serial no? or date code? thanks! :):):)

If by looking at the top of the motors they resemble the wheels on a ruf ctr yellow bird (Google it) then the motors are the new ones. If not, they are the old ones. If you received a wrench for prop removal, you have the old ones. If you received a plastic C clamp for the same purpose, you've got the new motors.

If by looking at the top of the motors they resemble the wheels on a ruf ctr yellow bird (Google it) then the motors are the new ones. If not, they are the old ones. If you received a wrench for prop removal, you have the old ones. If you received a plastic C clamp for the same purpose, you've got the new motors.

Thanks! then i have the old ones i guess.. bought it in october 1 HK airport.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT