DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

eyecon82 said:
justin00 said:
Hmm is the gimbal alot slower now in P2V+ when you manually press ip/down im app ??

It might be something I did.. when upgrading in 3.4 the gimbal section was active for some reason so I was playing with the settings.. mainly the horizontal/vertical.. I increased them both to 30+. Anyways gimbal section dissapeared so im not sure if changing the settings did anything...
Can someone please tell me what changing the vertical/horizontal to full right (30) used to do in previous versions??

Besides the slower movement...which is possibly my imagination it seems to be operating the same..

getting a few less GPS sats aswell.. but I need to go flying during the day as they seem to always be reduced in the evening.. still getting 6-7 so not to bad...
jetlag said:
justin00 said:
Hmm is the gimbal alot slower now in P2V+ when you manually press ip/down im app ??

It might be something I did.. when upgrading in 3.4 the gimbal section was active for some reason so I was playing with the settings.. mainly the horizontal/vertical.. I increased them both to 30+. Anyways gimbal section dissapeared so im not sure if changing the settings did anything...
Can someone please tell me what changing the vertical/horizontal to full right (30) used to do in previous versions??

Besides the slower movement...which is possibly my imagination it seems to be operating the same..

getting a few less GPS sats aswell.. but I need to go flying during the day as they seem to always be reduced in the evening.. still getting 6-7 so not to bad...

Same here, gimbal appears a bit slower and it took it a while to find 8 satellites, but it performed well. All left to do is find the so called new 3.4 so I can upgrade the battery and the Zen Imu update. I will wait for the new TX to arrive to do that one.

There's a camera tilt gain settings in the software. I purposely slowed mine down for smoother video transitions

Can you enlighten me as to where I may find this? thanks

Mako79 said:
kelleyre said:
Thanks mako79 for the info
Its still a no go. Tried both versions of the software, 3.2 and 3.4
What version is the battery at after the update.

Thanks Again

On the p2v+ thread someone posted that DJI has removed it because of the limewire battery issues?

miragecy said:
tpallred said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but on DJI's forum they say the battery update is only for "newer" batteries and should not be done on "older" batteries.
That's not what I understood from DJI forums... You can update your batteries if the option is available to your battery, but only the newer batteries will benefit from the extra features... Although I'm not yet persuaded, there's plenty of confusion and the explanations are not clear from DJI's part. They even say newer batteries with the auto discharge feature will begin now to ship... hmmm... Also, make sure, if you update your batteries do update your esc controllers as well or you will damage them
Andy

It's hard to imagine that I made a mistake. I mean, that's never happened before. :lol: Went back and reread some of the posts and you may be right that the update just doesn't work on older batteries. There does seem to be the implication that it only works on batteries that are really, really new though.

There is an update to the zen IMU on assistant v3.6, as well.

disregard, I see it, however they are still calling it VER 3.06 but the date has changed.

New updates? So if I made updates 2 days ago, I should try again?

I found a new update on the latest v3.6 Assistant, for the zen IMU, on the upgrade page. After the update installed, I did an advanced IMU calibration. Still issued an 'IMU to hot' warning, but [X] out of it, and it completes as expected. Everything looked normal. It's monsoon season in the Pacific NW area of the USA, so I can't test it. A submarine phantom would be more useful around here.

-Dale-

:?: Thank You Geert. I finally found the page to change the speed of the Gimbal, very nice. However I see no changes to the battery page other than the firmware being updated. I was under the impression there was more than I could do after this upgrade.

:oops: :oops: Again mi apologies, it does pay to read. It appears I will be able to monitor the battery from the vision app.

DrD said:
I found a new update on the latest v3.6 Assistant, for the zen IMU, on the upgrade page. After the update installed, I did an advanced IMU calibration. Still issued an 'IMU to hot' warning, but [X] out of it, and it completes as expected. Everything looked normal. It's monsoon season in the Pacific NW area of the USA, so I can't test it. A submarine phantom would be more useful around here.

-Dale-

Should I update the Zen IMU on the PV2+ ?
//Gunnar

vagspel said:
DrD said:

-Dale-

Should I update the Zen IMU on the PV2+ ?
//Gunnar

I sure hope so as I did mine as well. My new TX has shipped and I think that is what that upgrade supports.

Will the update function with the old TX?

Here are the flight controller updates that have been updated. Also it looks like the auto discharge happens after 10 days of not being used. I have not checked it but it looks like they brought back the ability to change the battery level warnings. Also i thought it was already in 3.06, but "e." Magnetic declination value stored to improve flight course accuracy seen good. Here is the PDF if you want to read more. http://download.dji-innovations.com...en/Phantom_2_Vision_Plus_Release_Notes_en.pdf

a) Added two levels of battery warnings: Low Battery Level Warning and Critical Battery Level Warning.
When enabled, Auto Go Home will be activated if the battery level reaches a Low Battery Level Warning. Setup these warnings using either the DJI Phantom Assistant or DJI Vision App.
b) When the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning, the aircraft will automatically land. The motors will power off after landing.
c) The speed of descent will be automatically adjusted based on current altitude.
d) Minimum adjustable height limit set to 20m.
e) Magnetic declination value stored to improve flight course accuracy.

shartlza said:
Here are the flight controller updates that have been updated. Also it looks like the auto discharge happens after 10 days of not being used. I have not checked it but it looks like they brought back the ability to change the battery level warnings. Also i thought it was already in 3.06, but "e." Magnetic declination value stored to improve flight course accuracy seen good. Here is the PDF if you want to read more. http://download.dji-innovations.com...en/Phantom_2_Vision_Plus_Release_Notes_en.pdf

a) Added two levels of battery warnings: Low Battery Level Warning and Critical Battery Level Warning.
When enabled, Auto Go Home will be activated if the battery level reaches a Low Battery Level Warning. Setup these warnings using either the DJI Phantom Assistant or DJI Vision App.
b) When the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning, the aircraft will automatically land. The motors will power off after landing.
c) The speed of descent will be automatically adjusted based on current altitude.
d) Minimum adjustable height limit set to 20m.
e) Magnetic declination value stored to improve flight course accuracy.

I was hoping the ability to change the battery warning levels was back.
Its not there on ver 3.6. Darn
Im set at 20 % for Low batt and 15 % for Critical Batt

And I can't figure how to speed up the gimbal just a bit. I tried it on the assistant software but it seems not to do anything.

I think this explains the difference between "old" and "new" batteries:

"2. The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0."

WARNING

I upgraded two P2 batteries on 28th with assistant 3.2. Upgrade to 2.6.0.0 was completed. Two days later DJI released a new upgrade telling:

"2. The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0."

Well, I HAD v1.6.0.0 but how could I know the upgrade is NOT compatible 2 days before DJI told that?!

Upgrade software apparently did not check the compatibility but proceeded.

Today I had opportunity to test upgrade results. Pretty soon Vision app told that: "Not enough power to return home" -- battery charge level was 72% and P2 was about 30 m away from home. Changed the battery, similar result. Tried all assistant versions from 1.08 to 3.6 hoping I could revert battery firmware back to 1.6.0.0 -- no success. Vision app battery history did not report any problems...

Seems that expensive courier shipping to DJI european support is necessary, and it will take weeks to get batteries back :evil:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT