DJI has released ND8 & ND16 camera lens filters

These should've been included with the P3 (at least on the "Pro"). And now as add-ons they should not be priced so high. It will be interesting if someone buys them to hear how they work.

I like my polarpro setup. I use the polarizer the most and shoot with the sun to my back. Usually early am.

Useful little video on 'how' to use ND filters;

I question the accuracy of determining the correct filter in this video example. Perhaps I am wrong, but I've never seen EV higher than +2 on the Phantom. In this video, it works because you can see his shutter is 640, so cutting exposure by 2 stops would bring him down to 120 shutter and a little over exposed as it did. Personally, I leave everything on auto except frame rate. I usually shoot 1080 30p so I want a shutter speed of 1/60th. I take the P3 outside where I plan to shoot and look at what my auto shutter speed is. Often times it's 1000. Cut in half (1 stop)= 500. Cut in half again (2stops)=250. Cut in half again (3stops)=125. Cut in half again (4stops)=62.5. I then know that ND 16 will leave me slightly overexposed. I experimented with the method in this video and my EV never went above +2.0 in the exact same environment that I had auto shutter reading 1/1000.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl